Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

(19M) Ditch Retainer and Mew for Face Gains or Naw?  

RSS
Swag123

I'm about 19 and a half, I feel like I could make my face look better if I ditch my retainer and mew full time, however, there are many risks involved. Heck none of us even know for a fact if we are mewing "correctly..."

Risk: my teeth shifting which may make me look worse and force me to drop a bunch of money to on braces to fix them again.

Reward: My face looking better to satisfy my ego lol

P.S. I had 4 extractions (Not my wisdom teeth)

What are your two cents? Thanks

Posted : 15/06/2019 4:52 pm
Freddie
Eminent Member

Retainers totally prevent from any result. Believe me

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2019 7:50 pm
Swag123

I know. I'm wondering if I should stop to mew full time without it or is it risky?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2019 2:05 am
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

You are approaching this in a reasoned way. That is the right way.

Before answering your question I have to ask you what is your inter molar width? This is the narrowest space between your upper first molars and has a major role on your ability to posture your tongue. Also, since you had extraction you might need to measure at the second molars if all your teeth were pulled forward to close the gaps.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2019 2:41 am
bundfalke
Trusted Member

In my opinion you shouldnt do it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2019 3:22 pm
gewgerg

If you have correct tongue posture then you won't relapse. Make sure you get all your tongue on the roof of your mouth. BE CAREFUL YOU DON'T WANT TO RUIN YOUR SMILE! 

Mew properly and your smile will be kept in tact and your face will also look better.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2019 7:25 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I ditched mine 2 years ago and never looked back. The progress has made my smile look way better and given my face the width it always needed. The midface shortening and soft tissue gains have been worth it. Braces ruined my face and I never want to go back to that strange person I looked like back then. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2019 11:07 pm