Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

1 of the causes of balding is craniofacial dystrophy  

RSS
FutureModel
Trusted Member

I suggest everyone read this article  https://tmdocclusion.com/home/connection-to-other-diseases-and-syndromes/hair-loss/ and browse through everything on this page, lots of good stuff here. Lots of bad health problems are caused by being uggo, aka craniofacial dystrophy

Posted : 12/09/2018 9:34 am
varbrah
Estimable Member

100% broscience and coping from an individual who doesn’t want to accept that they have bad hair genetics - and this is coming from someone who is prone to hair loss.

That entire article is filled with ridiculous assumptions he uses to support his model of hair loss, like transplanted hair falling out — it doesn’t, the picture he used as “proof” is a) a bad transplant and misleading to the casual observer and b) you can actually see the transplanted follicles are doing well despite being on top of the galea, while the non-transplanted vertex follicles have miniaturized further. Dumb, lazy, and spurious conclusions all around from him.

If this were even remotely true the Casey Niestats of the world would be nw7 and Freddy Ljungberg would be a dense nw negative 5.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 10:24 am
FutureModel
Trusted Member

Ok, but there is outliers. Everything on that articles makes sense to me and at the bottom of the page the guy sites 28 references, I think that when you put everything together it all adds up imo. I have thinninghair and have a recessed maxilla, maybe my crainofacial dystrophy is the cause? 

Tbh I think when everyone says "oh it's genetic" I see that as a big cop out. From what I've read, hair loss is not genetic and has a lot to do with hormones. For example, if you have low testosterone that will cause hair loss

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 11:10 am
krollic
Estimable Member

low t causes hair loss??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 12:11 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

@krollic

Low T causes hair loss. High T causes hair loss. Everything and their mother causes hair loss dontchaknow

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 12:57 pm
FutureModel
Trusted Member

Just read the article that I linked

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 1:05 pm
varbrah
Estimable Member

Everything in the article makes sense to you because you are a layman in terms of hair loss research (so is the author) and don’t understand any of the fundamental mechanisms behind it. Just because the guy cites 28 studies doesn’t make the conclusions he draws from them correct or reasonable in the least.

And no, saying it’s due to your craniofacial dystrophy is the cop-out here. At the very least we can agree that proper jaw/facial development relies on environmental factors — but by outsourcing the cause of your hair loss to lack of proper jaw/facial development, you are indirectly suggesting that you are going bald due to your poor, environmentally influenced bone development, and not because you have shitty hair genes.

@krollic low t does cause hair loss — don’t you see all the norwood 7 women and young children walking around?😂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 1:12 pm
FutureModel
Trusted Member

Interesting point @varbrah. Can you show me the gene that causes hairloss and how someone gets that gene? Where did you get this information? Can you give me the link to the article or study? I'm interested in the "genes cause hairloss" argument and would like to know more about it so I can draw my own conclusions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 1:26 pm
FutureModel
Trusted Member

@varbrah May I ask have you thoroughly read the entire article? Top to bottom? If you have, I'd like for you to point out where the article is wrong and tell me why it's wrong. Thanks

This post was modified 1 year ago by FutureModel
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 1:40 pm
varbrah
Estimable Member
Posted by: IThinkINeedLefort3

@varbrah May I ask have you thoroughly read the entire article? Top to bottom? If you have, I'd like for you to point out where the article is wrong and tell me why it's wrong. Thanks

I have, but you are nuts if you think I am going to waste my time and trawl through the entire article again and write you a novel debunking all of its lazy science, lies, and misrepresentations - you are doing the equivalent of asking me to debunk ghosts or extraterrestrial abductions.

How about you or the author debunk the androgenetic and the derivative prostaglandin theories of hair loss based on the work of Dr Cotsarelis and other entities with hundreds of millions of dollars worth of research and scientific papers behind them, all of which demonstrate clear metabolic pathways, tissue markers and signalling cascades associated with hair loss down to the specific inflammatory molecules associated with hair minitiurization?

Transplanted androgen-resistant scalp hair remaining viable for decades even when transplanted into galea-scalp is proof enough that the entire theory is a dud. Go from there and DYOR.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 2:50 pm
FutureModel
Trusted Member

Very interesting. What are your thoughts on this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfbQXnfoRBM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 3:36 pm
varbrah
Estimable Member

Very interesting. What are your thoughts on this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfbQXnfoRBM

If this were true then drugs like finasteride and dutasteride wouldn’t work to prevent hair loss

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 3:55 pm
FutureModel
Trusted Member

Okay but "finaseride works as a blood thinner allowing a thinner version of your blood to pass through what left of the artery." <--- That comment is in the comment section of the link I gave you. Someone said exactly what you just said, this was the reply they got. Finasteride thins your blood so it makes sense what that comment said in the comment section

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 4:20 pm
varbrah
Estimable Member

Okay but "finaseride works as a blood thinner allowing a thinner version of your blood to pass through what left of the artery." <--- That comment is in the comment section of the link I gave you. Someone said exactly what you just said, this was the reply they got. Finasteride thins your blood so it makes sense what that comment said in the comment section

Finasteride is a blood thinner? Are you trolling? Are you incapable of thinking or researching for yourself, or at the very least confirming the validity of information before you regurgitate it? Jesus christ lmao

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 4:45 pm
FutureModel
Trusted Member

I do admit I didn't look it up, but I remember being told that it thins your blood.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2018 5:03 pm
FioraLaurent

Na it's bs my father is recessed , narrow palate af still square face and no hairloss he's 60 im in my twenties already receding , the problem is definitly somewhere else , we must have a terrible bad habit in our generation .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2018 7:45 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register