Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Zero progress after a year of mewing  

RSS
Parsa

After 12 months of proper hard mewing, my face still looks extremely narrow and flat, my jaw is still nonexistant and my nose still looks huge compared to the rest of my face.

Is there still any hope left for me at all to achieve some widening and forward growth?

Posted : 15/05/2018 6:52 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

What all have you done? Did you take before or after pics?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2018 12:21 am
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

You can't rely on the physical appearance of the face to judge if mewing is working or not. The first place to start is in your mouth. Did your arch expand? DO you find more space for your tongue on the roof of your mouth? Did the alignment of your teeth change? Are you performing other components of mewing including chewing gum and swallowing correctly? 

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2018 1:09 am
Skull
Trusted Member

In around 4 months of mewing and less than a month of chewing gum (and I can't even yet sleep in a mewing mode) I've seen results.

Perhaps if your palate is extremely narrow your tongue is too big to help and you need a physical expander. I myself had a expander for some months many years ago before my braces. Either that or you must be doing something wrong pal

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2018 2:06 am
Parsa
Posted by: EddieMoney

What all have you done? Did you take before or after pics?

Mostly just hard mewing and yes i have taken photos of myself

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2018 3:39 pm
Parsa
Posted by: Skull

In around 4 months of mewing and less than a month of chewing gum (and I can't even yet sleep in a mewing mode) I've seen results.

Perhaps if your palate is extremely narrow your tongue is too big to help and you need a physical expander. I myself had a expander for some months many years ago before my braces. Either that or you must be doing something wrong pal

My palate feels pretty wide actually, much wider than my tongue but my face looks exteremly narrow and flat nonetheless 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2018 3:43 pm
Allixa
Estimable Member

Have you done any chewing? My face got wider from tough gums.

What's your diet like? Do you eat well? Be as specific as you can.

Any physical activity? And how's your posture?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2018 4:11 pm
Skull
Trusted Member

@parsa as allixa says, it could be a problem of posture, I myself am beginning to improve on this matter and also check your sleeping posture

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2018 1:23 pm
mscottxy

if anyone can point me in the direction of a before and after xray comparison showing changes from 'Mewing' let me know. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2018 6:32 pm
Parsa

Posted by: Skull

@parsa as allixa says, it could be a problem of posture, I myself am beginning to improve on this matter and also check your sleeping posture

What is considered the ideal posture?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2018 3:17 am
Share:

Face Development

Please Login or Register