Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Would mewing help for a Misaligned jaw  

RSS

My lower jaw is off to the right. My dental midline is 3mm off to the right. My right part of the face is flatter, narrower than the left. Also my right part of the lips is downturned and the right  upper lip is less visible than the left due to my lower jaw being pushed forward so my teeth meet in between. I have been a mouth breather all my life and always kept the tongue on the bottom of the mouth. Would mewing be able to improve my situation at all? Also since my lower jaw is already pushed forward I don't want it to be moved forward even more.

Misc:Also when I try to keep the whole tongue on the roof of the mouth my facial expression becomes more tense and the lower jaw and assymeties more prominent.

Posted : 17/01/2019 4:46 pm

Attaching a few more photos to help  the description.

Showing how my teeth fit. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2019 4:58 pm

Another one

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2019 5:00 pm
Zag
 Zag

You've got the same kind of asymmetry as me. One side is higher. You can even see very slight asymmetry in the eye, brows area, but not as bad as mine. I'm joining the question.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2019 6:09 am