Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What is causing my round jaw?  

RSS
Srvdkamp

My jaw seems pretty round and idk what exactly is causing this. I think my forward growth is pretty decent although my midface might have some recession. I thought maybe it is testosterone related or lack of chewing hard food causing my ramus to be shorter. maybe you guys know..

thanks in advance 🙂

Posted : 18/10/2020 6:08 pm
Progress
Member Moderator

You have excellent forward growth. If you want to lengthen your ramus, chewing will do that. Teeth contact may be important too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2020 8:51 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member
Posted by: @progress

You have excellent forward growth. If you want to lengthen your ramus, chewing will do that. Teeth contact may be important too.

I think with age his jaw will grow out. I think chewing will only further decrease the distance between his gonion and ear. If we take prehistoric man as an example of a lot of chewing you may notice that while their whole ramus seems bigger, the posterior ramus becomes very short and the gonion very round.

Yours probably basing your advice on the chewing thread, if so be careful to not miss the fact that only muscle CSA was measured, I think it's logical that bigger bones lead to bigger muscle area. If anything it seems to me that bigger bones cause bigger muscles, not the other way around.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2020 11:57 am
Srvdkamp

@auxiliarus thanks for your message. So when does bone growth for your skull approximately stop, cause I'm already 20.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2020 11:54 am
auxiliary
Estimable Member
Posted by: @srvdkamp

@auxiliarus thanks for your message. So when does bone growth for your skull approximately stop, cause I'm already 20.

Idk, like 35? Most of it happens pre-18 though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2021 2:25 pm