Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What are the aesthetic results achieved by palate expansion?

serbian

First of all, I'm new here. Been mewing for around 2 years, and mouth taping for around 6 months. Since I first entered this forum, I've seen a lot of people talking about MSE and palate expansion devices, but I didn't yet figure out the transformation it implies on face. I've then searched for before and after palate expansion pictures, even saw the comparative pictures of that "Jaw Hacks" guy, but I couldn't figure any major differences. So, could anyone detail the potential achievements of palate expansion?

Topic starter Posted : 12/04/2021 12:09 pm
Topic Tags
Agendum
Eminent Member

Depends on your preexisting skull shape and age. Perimaxillary sutures can limit midface changes but you might get lateral rotation of each side of your maxilla (rare cases of improving canthal tilt at best.) The soft tissues of the skin will be slightly stretched over are larger surface area which can be a positive for asthetics, but its only slightly noticeable. This might make your maxilla look more recessed if you have a negative orbital vector (if your maxilla is downgrown.)

The width of your malar base of you cheekbones will be set apart slightly with the possibility of some rotation.

Your nasal floor is increased so your nose will appear wider (may or may not benefit asthetics.)

What is certain, if you manage to get a sutural split with expansion is your buccal corridors will be lessened (dark corners of your mouth when smiling.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2021 9:53 am
sunflower liked