NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What about Mike Mew's face?  

RSS
Diana

https://images.app.goo.gl/NUgPKusmpdCtrAuN6

Look at this picture of his profile. It looks to me like his jaw has moved up and forwards at the expense of his eyes, as if the eyes have been pushed backwards. If the idea is that correct posture and function will cause an harmonious face, it doesn't look completely harmonious to me.

In a video about chewing, he said that you should move the gum along the dental arch and chew eqally with all teeth, including the inscissors. But it doesn't seem natural to me to use the inscissors that much for chewing. Normally you just use them to bite into something and then chew with your molars. 

The inscissors from the root the the top are slanted so the force when chewing with the inscissors will be  upwards and backwards, perhaps pushing the underside of the eyesockets inwards causing a too short maxilla, deeply seated eyes and a more sharp angle to the nose. I have the same problem from clenching during the night with the front teeth bit maybe chewing for hours is even worse. I believe the tongue is capable of pushing the maxilla forwards, but the jaw is stronger than the tongue. If you do both mewing and chewing with inscissors you get a force pusching the maxilla upwards and forwards and an even stronger force but for less duration working upwards and backwards on the front of the maxilla. Results: a jaw projected forwards + deeply seated eyes, looking just a little bit weird.

What do you think?

Posted : 09/04/2019 3:56 am
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

you don't move the maxilla forwards you let it grow in the right direction

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2019 4:09 am
Diana

I don't understand the distinction. It doesn't grow in an adult? 

But what do you think of Mike Mew's profile? The lower part of his face looks really good. If you cover up his eyes and forehead it looks like a handsome guy's face. But if you just look at the eyes and forhead you get a different impression.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2019 4:18 am
gubbbbb
Eminent Member

OP at some point genetics has an impact. Mikes genetics probably make his eyes look like that. For example there are people on this forum with worse facial structure than me  but they have a way stronger brow line then I do/bigger chin etc. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2019 4:53 am
Whistler

It's because he's caused an imbalance of muscles in his face.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2019 6:18 pm
MewMouse500

?width=1024&auto=webp&s=0562d82a63dfc7ffa492f6153bc9e1788f4960b7

Seems to me like he always had these goofy looking eyes. I would like to know his mother's race because it may play a part.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2019 7:50 pm
Whistler

It's because of mewing practices that his cheeks atrophied and it contributed to his sunken in eyes.  It will only show and look undesirable as one gets older, and the older one gets it will become more pronounced.   If someone likes this look, then that is great.  In reality, everyone has some kind of muscle imbalance and assymmetry. 

However, if someone asked me if I wanted to create the look of hollow eyes and atrophied cheeks,  I would say no. I would not go out of my way and take the time to learn exercises to create this type of look consciously, that will age me. This is why people get cheek fillers!

https://www.skinrenewal.co.za/sunken-cheeks

I am very happy to keep my face balanced and symmetric as possible, with facial exercise that targets all the facial muscles while also building up and keeping bone mass. Flexeffect has a very good program for doing all of these things, and it works. I have been doing it for almost 2 decades.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2019 1:55 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

No idea what you mean. His eyes look normal to me. 

Very deep set eyes would be something like Michael Cera. Mew doesn't have this. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2019 2:51 pm
dopafacker
Eminent Member

I thought Mike Mew is Brad Pitt brother

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2019 6:41 am
James
Eminent Member

It looks like Mike Mew's jaws are grown further forward than the top of his skeletal maxilla, giving him hollowness in his cheeks next to his nose and under his eyes. However, while Dr. Mew does not have a perfect face, the real question we should be asking is "how would he look without orthotropics?" And I think it's undeniable that he would look much worse. Compare Mike Mew's face to his father John Mew, who has severe craniofacial dystrophy. John's face is completely long and melted, whereas Mike's is compact and square. I think this is a big success.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2019 1:21 pm
Raccoon
Posted by: @diana

https://images.app.goo.gl/NUgPKusmpdCtrAuN6

Look at this picture of his profile. It looks to me like his jaw has moved up and forwards at the expense of his eyes, as if the eyes have been pushed backwards. If the idea is that correct posture and function will cause an harmonious face, it doesn't look completely harmonious to me.

In a video about chewing, he said that you should move the gum along the dental arch and chew eqally with all teeth, including the inscissors. But it doesn't seem natural to me to use the inscissors that much for chewing. Normally you just use them to bite into something and then chew with your molars. 

The inscissors from the root the the top are slanted so the force when chewing with the inscissors will be  upwards and backwards, perhaps pushing the underside of the eyesockets inwards causing a too short maxilla, deeply seated eyes and a more sharp angle to the nose. I have the same problem from clenching during the night with the front teeth bit maybe chewing for hours is even worse. I believe the tongue is capable of pushing the maxilla forwards, but the jaw is stronger than the tongue. If you do both mewing and chewing with inscissors you get a force pusching the maxilla upwards and forwards and an even stronger force but for less duration working upwards and backwards on the front of the maxilla. Results: a jaw projected forwards + deeply seated eyes, looking just a little bit weird.

What do you think?

He uses heavy glasses like Carl Jung nose

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 8:35 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

ONLY weird thing is that it seems he has forward head posture but still a great profilee which i dont understand

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 10:53 pm
Odys liked
Qwerty111

Facial exercises are being done only on the bottom half.  If he did the same type of facial exercises on the top he would have better effect.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2019 4:47 pm
theadonisking
Posted by: @rockyp33

ONLY weird thing is that it seems he has forward head posture but still a great profilee which i dont understand

You can have kyphosis and forward head posture even if you have good jaw development, if you have flat feet for example your shoulders and head will curl up forward, look at old people when feet get flat as a pancake when getting old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2019 12:01 am
Neigh
Posted by: @whistler

I am very happy to keep my face balanced and symmetric as possible, with facial exercise that targets all the facial muscles while also building up and keeping bone mass. Flexeffect has a very good program for doing all of these things, and it works. I have been doing it for almost 2 decades.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3VpSOeJPc

I mean, that lady's daughter looks every bit her age. And as for the old woman herself... sure. She doesn't look 61 - but she absolutely does look late 40s(and not attractive at all). So it seems to be pretty minor at absolute best. I've seen plenty of people verging on 60 who look 10 years younger than they are and I imagine 0% of them use facial exercises. To the largest extent just staying out of the sun accomplishes it. You won't look younger than you are at 25, but by 60 you sure will. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2019 10:17 pm
20_year_old_mewing

@whistler

Wow you are absolutely correct. Mike mew has f***** his face, and then told the rest of us to follow in his footsteps. 

Looking at the younger photo of him with 3 other dudes, his facial stucture was in much more harmony. His cheekbones where better and his gonial angle was bigger. He has recessed his maxilla and eye area, while widening his head and masseters, and shortening his gonial angle and face.

I now realise why I look worse after 8 months of mewing, because the exact same thing is happening to me after listening to him. Maxilla is further back, cheekbones more narrow, eyes further back into the skull. I thought they were becoming more "hooded", NO DUMB DUMB, they are SINKING.

My head is now a rectangle from the upper corners to the masseters, wheras in January I had a much more asthetic look with the cheekbones being the widest part of the face. 

To be fair to mike, he does say that people with recessed maxillas should focus more on the maxilla. But his whole speech about how he has "improved" fooled me, cause he's mike f'in mew, how could HE have made his face worse, right? 

wrong

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2019 3:12 am
Whistler

@20_year_old_mewing

It sounds like you had the same experience as me. The first thing  I noticed was that my cheekbones which were the widest part of my face, were no longer. My eyes became sunken in.  I don't think it's permanent though because when I stopped chewing with my mouth closed (I feel that is what did it for me)  I reverted back to how I was before  I think mewing just accesses or targets certain muscle groups, some will beef up and some will atrophy. Also, I do facial exercise and have always done them, so I was able to balance out again. I still try to keep my tongue on the roof of my mouth, but I still do find that it feels abnormal to keep the whole tongue on top like that. I just am not so sure we should be doing this. I certainly cannot attain it 24/7 and at night I am sure I don't.
There may be a possibility that in the beginning that one goes through undesirable changes and then it gets better I have heard other say that. Also we need to keep in mind that Mike Mew is not young anymore, and that he is accumulating signs of aging. For everyone the cheeks and the eyelids lower and upper do start to get thinner and sag. The question is, does Mewing accentuate this? I really don't know. I find all this obsession and confusion is too much for me. Maybe in years to come there will be more definite science about it. I find that there are contradictions in how people think where the tongue should be and etc.. I'd rather just stay with facial exercise asit gives me results i am happy with. There are also many skin care tools nowadays,  as well. I think the main point is to just try to keep your bone structure in tact so there is no bone loss, whatever you face shape. That's where Flexeffect helps very much as well with their bone remodeling. 

As for Neigh who posted earlier, you must be a very young person for you to comment like that. You have no idea how much of a compliment it would be to hear a 60 yr old person to be told they look 20 years younger! It is actually a major feat and a a huge compliment to  Flexeffect facial exercise.  If you want to look any younger than that, you'd have to get facial work and plastic surgery done, but even so there is something 'plastic' about it and I think it takes away from the  beauty of the person. In my opnion, yes they do look younger, but you can tell they are actually older.  Lets use Christy Brinkley as an example. Anyways, So there really is nothing better than Flexeffect in my opinion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2019 3:26 pm
max iller
Eminent Member

I am also very curious about incisor contact when chewing.
It looks like according to general practice an ideal bite is a slight overbite, where if one were to clench their teeth, the force would be entirely in the molars, leaving the incisors and canines with nothing.

According to the logic of the "sinking face" I assume that without proper forces and resting posture the front teeth will continue to come over the front incisors, usually accentuating a gummy smile. I saw somewhere that the top front teeth should be "2/3" or so overlapping the bottoms, I disagree. 
Look at this:

See the arch of the teeth; most people these days have a much straighter line of teeth, and they are usually either rounded or sharp.
The finger can be pointed at diet, lack of wear and forces. I believe when biting down force should be applied to ALL teeth including the incisors, I don't know for sure though, but it looks right.

But how to fix the problem?
Jutting the jaw forward to meet the front teeth and applying pressure in bursts over the day perhaps? The molars wont be in contact, though the idea is that over time the front and bottom incisors will move up/down respectively and eventually meet the molars to make a 'point to point' bite across all teeth. 

It is said that the lips should meet right at the point where the front teeth do. But for me, my bottom lip comes over the front-top incisors, This gives a retruded smile where the bottom lip overlaps the front teeth, pushing it forwards, while the top lip is further up in the gums, so from the side, looks unnatural. But when I jut my jaw forward meeting the front teeth, my smile is then about right, the top and bottom lip are about the same, and my lips meet at the point my teeth do.

For further clarification

shitty bite --------------------------------------better bite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/10/2019 1:53 am
Odys liked
20_year_old_mewing

@maxiller

Good post

Sorry i'm not sure how I missed it. 6 days late 🙁

Yes I agree with you. This is exactly what Eddie has said. Large bite force on the back molars pushing the back teeth up and the upper insisors down, creating a deeper bite. 

I have experienced negative results and my resting bite is more dominated by the front teeth now, wheras at the start my bite was more heavy on the molars. Large force between the back teeth is naturally going to bring them further apart and the front teeth closer together. AKA a clockwise rotated, melted face maxilla.

As for the 2 photos you posted, I find the right one more asthetically pleasing. Left looks horse like. I imagine the right skull would house a more attractive face, especially lip area. It just looks more forward grown. Although, both dental arches curve upwards, so I think both faces would look good. 

I think the right skull would have a better nasolabial angle. The lips themselves would be further forward and the skin between the nose and upper lip would be further back. AGAIN, I have experienced the negative of this, where the upper lip is now less prominent. So my nasolabial angle is more obtuse, because the upper arch and/or it's angle is more clockwise now.

I imagine our ancesors possibly had to bite harder with the front teeth to break apart food. 

Something else I have just remembered is that for months I have been avioding biting with the front teeth to keep them clean. 🙁

As for the teeth comparison you posted, I have the same problem, the lip line is along my upper insisors, rather than perfectly vertically alined with the top and bottom teeth. We differ in the lips I think though, my top lip is further forward. My lips meet properly when I slide my mandible forward until the lower teeth meet the upper teeth.

Will intense front teeth biting help reverse this? I hope so

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2019 7:18 pm
iambase
Posted by: @maxiller

I am also very curious about incisor contact when chewing.
It looks like according to general practice an ideal bite is a slight overbite, where if one were to clench their teeth, the force would be entirely in the molars, leaving the incisors and canines with nothing.

According to the logic of the "sinking face" I assume that without proper forces and resting posture the front teeth will continue to come over the front incisors, usually accentuating a gummy smile. I saw somewhere that the top front teeth should be "2/3" or so overlapping the bottoms, I disagree. 
Look at this:

See the arch of the teeth; most people these days have a much straighter line of teeth, and they are usually either rounded or sharp.
The finger can be pointed at diet, lack of wear and forces. I believe when biting down force should be applied to ALL teeth including the incisors, I don't know for sure though, but it looks right.

But how to fix the problem?
Jutting the jaw forward to meet the front teeth and applying pressure in bursts over the day perhaps? The molars wont be in contact, though the idea is that over time the front and bottom incisors will move up/down respectively and eventually meet the molars to make a 'point to point' bite across all teeth. 

It is said that the lips should meet right at the point where the front teeth do. But for me, my bottom lip comes over the front-top incisors, This gives a retruded smile where the bottom lip overlaps the front teeth, pushing it forwards, while the top lip is further up in the gums, so from the side, looks unnatural. But when I jut my jaw forward meeting the front teeth, my smile is then about right, the top and bottom lip are about the same, and my lips meet at the point my teeth do.

For further clarification

shitty bite --------------------------------------better bite

dang.. I exactly have that shitty bite....

And when Pr John Mew examined my X rays, he figured out that my front teeth were down like a centimer too much.

Just told me to mew and keep my mouth closed at night though. I don't really know how to correct this. Only thing I am going to try doing whenever I can is having my dental arches reshaped (thumb sucking did a number on them) and from then, we will see.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2019 11:39 am
max iller
Eminent Member

Since that post I have committed to applying force to my front teeth as much as I can - I even chipped my front incisor.. oopsie

I have a strong feeling the guillotine bite is part of the key here, for my case at least. The idea is that the back top molars come down to contact the bottoms, and the forces from my front teeth push them upward, sorta un-folding the front of the palate, thus lengthening the maxilla.

This also gives my back top molars a chance to move outward since theyre not slotted into my bottom teeth all the time

Only pain in my [Rude Language will not be tolerated] is I can't chew now, since my back molars dont touch, and I have a feeling im stunting myself by bringing my jaw back to activate my old posture so I can eat properly.

No pain no gain I guess, and I gotta make up for 20 years -as of yesterday- of missed frontal force

If this [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] me up, so be it, for the sake of knowledge

I'm basically bruxxing

If this works, and I get the results I imagine - I'll post pics

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2019 9:55 pm