Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What about Mike Mew's face?  

RSS
Diana

https://images.app.goo.gl/NUgPKusmpdCtrAuN6

Look at this picture of his profile. It looks to me like his jaw has moved up and forwards at the expense of his eyes, as if the eyes have been pushed backwards. If the idea is that correct posture and function will cause an harmonious face, it doesn't look completely harmonious to me.

In a video about chewing, he said that you should move the gum along the dental arch and chew eqally with all teeth, including the inscissors. But it doesn't seem natural to me to use the inscissors that much for chewing. Normally you just use them to bite into something and then chew with your molars. 

The inscissors from the root the the top are slanted so the force when chewing with the inscissors will be  upwards and backwards, perhaps pushing the underside of the eyesockets inwards causing a too short maxilla, deeply seated eyes and a more sharp angle to the nose. I have the same problem from clenching during the night with the front teeth bit maybe chewing for hours is even worse. I believe the tongue is capable of pushing the maxilla forwards, but the jaw is stronger than the tongue. If you do both mewing and chewing with inscissors you get a force pusching the maxilla upwards and forwards and an even stronger force but for less duration working upwards and backwards on the front of the maxilla. Results: a jaw projected forwards + deeply seated eyes, looking just a little bit weird.

What do you think?

This topic was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Diana
Posted : 09/04/2019 3:56 am
mr.mewing
Trusted Member

you don't move the maxilla forwards you let it grow in the right direction

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2019 4:09 am
Diana

I don't understand the distinction. It doesn't grow in an adult? 

But what do you think of Mike Mew's profile? The lower part of his face looks really good. If you cover up his eyes and forehead it looks like a handsome guy's face. But if you just look at the eyes and forhead you get a different impression.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2019 4:18 am
gubbbbb
Eminent Member

OP at some point genetics has an impact. Mikes genetics probably make his eyes look like that. For example there are people on this forum with worse facial structure than me  but they have a way stronger brow line then I do/bigger chin etc. 

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by gubbbbb
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2019 4:53 am
Whistler

It's because he's caused an imbalance of muscles in his face.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2019 6:18 pm
MewMouse500

?width=1024&auto=webp&s=0562d82a63dfc7ffa492f6153bc9e1788f4960b7

Seems to me like he always had these goofy looking eyes. I would like to know his mother's race because it may play a part.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2019 7:50 pm
Whistler

It's because of mewing practices that his cheeks atrophied and it contributed to his sunken in eyes.  It will only show and look undesirable as one gets older, and the older one gets it will become more pronounced.   If someone likes this look, then that is great.  In reality, everyone has some kind of muscle imbalance and assymmetry. 

However, if someone asked me if I wanted to create the look of hollow eyes and atrophied cheeks,  I would say no. I would not go out of my way and take the time to learn exercises to create this type of look consciously, that will age me. This is why people get cheek fillers!

https://www.skinrenewal.co.za/sunken-cheeks

I am very happy to keep my face balanced and symmetric as possible, with facial exercise that targets all the facial muscles while also building up and keeping bone mass. Flexeffect has a very good program for doing all of these things, and it works. I have been doing it for almost 2 decades.  

This post was modified 4 months ago 2 times by Whistler
ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2019 1:55 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

No idea what you mean. His eyes look normal to me. 

Very deep set eyes would be something like Michael Cera. Mew doesn't have this. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2019 2:51 pm
dopafacker

I thought Mike Mew is Brad Pitt brother

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2019 6:41 am
James
Eminent Member

It looks like Mike Mew's jaws are grown further forward than the top of his skeletal maxilla, giving him hollowness in his cheeks next to his nose and under his eyes. However, while Dr. Mew does not have a perfect face, the real question we should be asking is "how would he look without orthotropics?" And I think it's undeniable that he would look much worse. Compare Mike Mew's face to his father John Mew, who has severe craniofacial dystrophy. John's face is completely long and melted, whereas Mike's is compact and square. I think this is a big success.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2019 1:21 pm
Raccoon
Posted by: @diana

https://images.app.goo.gl/NUgPKusmpdCtrAuN6

Look at this picture of his profile. It looks to me like his jaw has moved up and forwards at the expense of his eyes, as if the eyes have been pushed backwards. If the idea is that correct posture and function will cause an harmonious face, it doesn't look completely harmonious to me.

In a video about chewing, he said that you should move the gum along the dental arch and chew eqally with all teeth, including the inscissors. But it doesn't seem natural to me to use the inscissors that much for chewing. Normally you just use them to bite into something and then chew with your molars. 

The inscissors from the root the the top are slanted so the force when chewing with the inscissors will be  upwards and backwards, perhaps pushing the underside of the eyesockets inwards causing a too short maxilla, deeply seated eyes and a more sharp angle to the nose. I have the same problem from clenching during the night with the front teeth bit maybe chewing for hours is even worse. I believe the tongue is capable of pushing the maxilla forwards, but the jaw is stronger than the tongue. If you do both mewing and chewing with inscissors you get a force pusching the maxilla upwards and forwards and an even stronger force but for less duration working upwards and backwards on the front of the maxilla. Results: a jaw projected forwards + deeply seated eyes, looking just a little bit weird.

What do you think?

He uses heavy glasses like Carl Jung nose

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 8:35 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

ONLY weird thing is that it seems he has forward head posture but still a great profilee which i dont understand

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 10:53 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register