Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Unsure How to Start  

RSS
INTP3807

I discovered mewing just recently and I want to start as I think the benefits are just too good to pass up for what you have to do for it.

But I have a problem. I've read up on the tongue placement, the requirement is that I have to put the tip in between my two front incisors on where they meet my gums. The problem is that my incisors are not aligned with the centerline of my face so that when I put the tip of my tongue in between my incisors my tongue is maybe pointing 5 degrees to the right.

So, what should I do? Should I align the tip of my tongue to the centerline of my face or should I put it in between my incisors even if it will be a little off to the right?

Also the ridge on the roof of my mouth is aligned to the center of my face but there is a drastic difference between the space on the left side and the right side. The space on the right side before my tongue reaches my teeth from the ridge is almost double the space on the right side.

So what should I also do regarding this? Will I be able to remedy this with mewing? Or am I beyond help unless I undergo surgery? Or do the differences in the spaces don't matter? 

This topic was modified 6 months ago by INTP3807
Posted : 09/02/2019 2:39 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register