fbpx
Uneven Palate, not …

Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Uneven Palate, not enough room for one side of tongue?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
WHCCARDIO
(@whccardio)
Topic starter

I have been mewing (only passive mewing, no hard mewing) for a while now and I’ve now noticed that the left side of my palate seems to not have expanded at the same rate as the right side of my palate. When placing my tongue on the roof of my mouth the left side of my tongue does not lay flat and seems to curve more to fit ontop while the right side of my tongue fits more comfortably and seems to be able to lay flat. This has become quite annoying as now I can’t really achieve proper tongue posture without it feeling uncomfortable for one half of my mouth. To my knowledge, I do not have a tongue tie and have generally good posture, I also have no visible asymmetries, I do have, however, a full dental crown (perhaps too big) on my upper left side but apart from that I can’t seem to think what would be causing these differences in my palate. Is this normal? What should I do? I’m considering discontinuing mewing incase I do develop any sort of facial asymmetries because of this problem. 

Posted : 29/03/2019 5:28 am
krollic
(@krollic)
Honorable Member

I’d suggest focusing on putting more emphasis on the underdeveloped side of your face with your tongue until you achieve balance. You can help augment this by tongue chewing on just one side. Most minor asymmetries are pretty fix to fix within a few months.

Posted : 29/03/2019 6:43 am
gubbbbb
(@gubbbbb)
Trusted Member

Most minor asymmetries are pretty fix to fix within a few months.

couple of years*  I dont think any bone related asymmetries will go away that quickly

Posted : 29/03/2019 7:04 am
krollic
(@krollic)
Honorable Member

Well it depends on the severity. He mentioned that his asymmetries weren’t visible from he outside which would suggest that it’s mainly just the palate.

Posted : 29/03/2019 7:09 am
WHCCARDIO
(@whccardio)
Topic starter

Yeah that’s right, only changes are in the palate. I think I’ll dedicate more time to tongue chewing on that side to be safe. 

I’ve also been considering a myobrace to help out this process. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts about it? 

Posted : 29/03/2019 7:58 am

THE GREAT WORK