Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Teeth protruding from jaw causing it to be backwards  

RSS
dm222
Trusted Member

Hi,

The jaw wants to come forward but it is locked because of proghnatic apect of lower incisors, if the lower teeth moved backwards it would allow me to position the jaw more forward, if I close my mouth without doing any effort to push jaw back lower teeth end up in front of upper teeth, so I have to push jaw back to archieve oclusion.

Even if maxilla moves forward and also the jaw, which I think it is already forward, I would still have a weak chin...

This happened in the first place because I used to keep tongue touching lower teeth.

IMW = 45mm upper jaw / 35mm lower jaw.

Ive been doing ortrotopics since March and I'm 30yo.

https://i.ibb.co/4d5HXJY/image.png

Thanks for your help! Need advice on how to approach this.

Posted : 19/12/2019 6:48 pm
Progress
Member Moderator

How is your lip seal? Are you merely keeping your lips together or deliberately suctioning them against the teeth? Applying sufficient suction should tilt, if not even move, your incisors backward so that the mandible is enabled to slide forward. See how much proper lip seal affects alveolar protrusion:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2019 7:05 pm
dm222
Trusted Member

be aware thats not the same girl, but answering the question:

I'm doing suck in, but it didnt change during this time.

also, since i started mewing, applying correct, posture,  lip seal my lower teeth are always hurtinga lot

I like to think my skull is correcting its defects but I didnt see any change in my profile yet.

Using tape at night makes me wake up with lower teeth hurting too, I just used less than 10 times, but maybe I will make that a habbit?

btw: I secure the tape on the chin and upper lip, so I dont elongate the lower lip more.

also I'm afraid I may be still pushing lower teeth forward during the night any way to prevent this?

EDIT: I almost forgot, I remember seeing on your topic very good progress in this regard, your lower lips moved backwards, how was your lip seal before and during mewing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2019 7:15 pm
Progress
Member Moderator

For preventing pushing against teeth during the night, it really comes down to subconscious conditioning of tongue and sleeping position. Creating a strong intra-oral vacuum just before falling asleep is helpful. I have no personal experience with tape, but it does sound like you could benefit from it.

My lip seal has been inconsistent for most part of this journey, and I've only recently began paying more attention to it. While I have kept my mouths shut so far, I'm not sure how much suction I have been applying, if any.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2019 7:43 pm