Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Submental region hypertrophy  

RSS
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

I have been mewing and I might have a poor mewing technique because a neck muscle which I am not sure of its name has hypertrophied covering some of my jawline. How can I get rid of this and do you have any idea of what caused it? Please look at the photo which shows the muscle covering my jawline.

Posted : 12/04/2019 1:00 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Hi,

but why do you even mew?? It looks like you don't need it.

However that happened to me too.

I think you are pushing too hard on the front instead of focusing on the back .

I repeat, are you sure you want to Mew?

Don't hard mew at least

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 1:21 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

Hi Kyte, thankyou for the compliment. I am mewing because I do have down growth and have never put the tongue on the roof but I have nose breathed all my life. My dad has a good maxilla and strong cheekbones but I do not so I am mewing my way to slowly become more attractive. How long will it take for the muscles to dystrophy?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 3:07 pm
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member

@Kyte everyone should "mew."  There's no such thing as "mewing," only proper posture, which everyone should have for good health.  But yes I would agree with your advice to not hard mew.  

@harrykanemaxilla are you sure that's a muscle and not a swollen lymph node?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 3:50 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member
Posted by: drunkwithcoffee

@Kyte everyone should "mew."  There's no such thing as "mewing," only proper posture, which everyone should have for good health.  But yes I would agree with your advice to not hard mew.  

@harrykanemaxilla are you sure that's a muscle and not a swollen lymph node?

Thank you @drunkwithcoffee for bringing the attention to the lymph nodes. I have never heard of a lymph node. The area is soft unless I push hard on the maxilla. The right side is larger. How would I be able to tell if it is a lymph node?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 4:36 pm
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member

@harrykanemaxilla you need to see a doctor.  A swollen lymph node is usually a sign of infection.  It can be something super minor or something more serious, but a doctor will be able to diagnose it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 5:03 pm
joiski liked
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member
Posted by: drunkwithcoffee

@harrykanemaxilla you need to see a doctor.  A swollen lymph node is usually a sign of infection.  It can be something super minor or something more serious, but a doctor will be able to diagnose it.

Yes I will see a doctor and update soon. Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 5:04 pm
joiski liked
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

@drunkwithcoffee

Well yes, you're right, sorry.

But that's what I meant with soft mewing in a rush

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 6:21 pm
LuisVanden

It looks like your tongue at the back isn't up, a reverse yawn is how you figure it out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2019 11:49 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Look up Newton's 3rd law.  Who taught you to Mew?

Many people come here from YouTube and watch this Maverick guy.  Here's the deal... most of the people watching him are coming to this forum with pale coloration of their skin after just a short time.  I have no idea what he is teaching, but it's dangerous.  Pale coloration means poor airway.  Usually he has people chew a lot of gum and apply pressure with the tongue.  This is hurting  a lot of people, but YouTube doesn't care.  I already reported the dangers... and crickets.  They have videos on YouTube of how to do crazy health stuff that can hurt bad... they don't care.   They don't care.

There's a reason why they say healthy-looking skin.  If you're sick.. then your skin can look sickly.  That's all pale and pasty and dark circles under the eyes... the school shooter look.  These people are not right in the head from poor sleep.  I figured out in Feb the Dr. Mew is absolutely ignoring the airway through the nose.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2019 3:18 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member
Posted by: darkindigo

Look up Newton's 3rd law.  Who taught you to Mew?

Many people come here from YouTube and watch this Maverick guy.  Here's the deal... most of the people watching him are coming to this forum with pale coloration of their skin after just a short time.  I have no idea what he is teaching, but it's dangerous.  Pale coloration means poor airway.  Usually he has people chew a lot of gum and apply pressure with the tongue.  This is hurting  a lot of people, but YouTube doesn't care.  I already reported the dangers... and crickets.  They have videos on YouTube of how to do crazy health stuff that can hurt bad... they don't care.   They don't care.

There's a reason why they say healthy-looking skin.  If you're sick.. then your skin can look sickly.  That's all pale and pasty and dark circles under the eyes... the school shooter look.  These people are not right in the head from poor sleep.  I figured out in Feb the Dr. Mew is absolutely ignoring the airway through the nose.

Hi @darkindigo

I have been mewing by putting more pressure on the front of the maxilla rather than the back. Now I have realised that this is wrong and may have caused the neck to have hypertrophied if it is not down to lymph nodes. Are you talking of the fashion and appearance YouTuber Brett Maverick? He has a mewing video that I watched that has 500,000 views. 

What are the problems with chewing lots of tough gum and applying pressure with the tongue to the maxilla? I thought that's where the tongue is meant to be naturally to develop good bone structure.

What is the airway through the nose problem that John Mew is talking about?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2019 3:43 am
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member
Posted by: LuisVanden

It looks like your tongue at the back isn't up, a reverse yawn is how you figure it out.

@LuisVanden

What is a reverse yawn?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2019 3:44 am