Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

so I Found my old case orthodontic pictures and x-rays

mr.mewing
Estimable Member

2012 before i got braces

side view you can clearly see in this picture that my maxilla dropped already here..

so this was in 2017 after I got my treatment

you can see that my face is now more asymmetric than before this was because in 2016 or 2015 I got one of my incisors pulled

both from 2012 you see in this picture that my airway is looking pretty unhealthy

and this is from 2017

Topic starter Posted : 12/01/2021 10:40 am
Apollo liked
krollic
Reputable Member

nice mate

should have kept the bowl-mullet, however

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2021 11:41 pm
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

@krollic  LMAO

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/01/2021 4:49 am
eternally12
Eminent Member

Your head also tilts forward a lot which could be remedied by improved tongue posture. But I don't imagine you have enough space in the roof of your mouth for your tongue. This also happened to me after orthodontic treatment. Are you looking into certain appliances or surgery to create space?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/02/2021 2:29 am
mr.mewing
Estimable Member
Posted by: @eternally12

Your head also tilts forward a lot which could be remedied by improved tongue posture. But I don't imagine you have enough space in the roof of your mouth for your tongue. This also happened to me after orthodontic treatment. Are you looking into certain appliances or surgery to create space?

Your right their is a bit of space in my mouth but the upper palate is high and thats a problem.

Also my head is tilted yes slightly sloped (the for head and I have even pictures out 2015 where it wasn't sloped yet I could send them when I found that.

Also I'm probably going to do SARPE +maybe implant for my missing teeth in the upper palate, and after the expansion I want to get my lower jaw forward because so as you can see in my old x-ray the airway is really narrow.

I have also some mewing progression pictures on this forum.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/02/2021 3:24 pm
Progress
Member Moderator

Interesting photos, thanks for sharing. I too recently compared my childhood profile with my current one. It was sobering to see the amount of pure downward growth that had taken place during these last two decades. Other  surprising changes were the relative shortening of the anterior-posterior length of the cranium and the increase in forehead slant.

(gif)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2021 7:16 am
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

@progress thanks for your gift I can see that when your where younger your face started to meltdown, based on your lower jaw position that is set back.

but you're managed to get it back forwards somehow or is it the illusion of the beard?

and I see almost the same like forehead slant which isn't that bad I know it isn't genetic but mostly the blame on very poor posture what got even worse when I got my first mobile phone at an age of 12.

I btw found an old picture of my on the internet that showed that more forehead wasn't sloped and I was like 15 years old there.

but anyway this is how things now are (also I just saw that my pictures are maybe don't right : https://the-great-work.org/community/case-discussions/mr-mewing-progress/#post-35676

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2021 1:18 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

I too have seen severe downward growth in the span of 5 years. My maxilla was in a good position as a child but even with 2 years of mewing my profile has barely recovered from the facial meltdown.

2012:

2016 before orthodontics:

2018 after orthodontics and before mewing:

2021 after 2 years of mewing:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2021 4:33 pm
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

@harrykanemaxilla  in 2012 your face was still perfect where their some things that really impacted your lifestyle like: gaming, sitting more, mobile phone?

or do you really think this is because of braces with could be, but I don't know what treatment you got

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/02/2021 7:03 am
ThaGangsta
Eminent Member
Posted by: @mr-mewing

2012 before i got braces

side view you can clearly see in this picture that my maxilla dropped already here..

so this was in 2017 after I got my treatment

you can see that my face is now more asymmetric than before this was because in 2016 or 2015 I got one of my incisors pulled

both from 2012 you see in this picture that my airway is looking pretty unhealthy

and this is from 2017

You can see in the time from before to after the change in the shape of your under eye area/ cheek but also how a slight hump has developed on the nose, both signs of the maxilla growing in a less than optimal position.  This is common in braces since they restrict tongue volume and muscle function of lips, cheeks and keeping the teeth in/near contact, but also the simple act of even tying the teeth together can restrict growth.  I think you can get quite good results from just long term mewing, provided your palate is wide enough for tongue posture and you are able to have a closed mouth posture.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/02/2021 11:50 pm
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

@mafiagang yeah I didn't even notice the change in the eye area holy cow.\

yeah, I already made some decent progress but the problem is that I have fixed retainers at my upper and lower teeth.. which restrict me to some degree. I have been in contact with some orthodontic to get probably SARPE+BSSO(or something to bring the lower jaw forwards.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/02/2021 5:18 pm
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

vs x-ray 2012 vs x-ray update 13-3-2021

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/03/2021 5:05 am