fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

slightly disproportionate/asymmetrical maxilla

Filip Velickovic
(@filip-velickovic)

I personally think I have a slightly disproportional maxilla as you may see in the photo. My right (left on the picture) teeth appear to be closer to the tongue than the other side, so when I attempt to place my tongue on the palate sometimes that closer side kinda gets in the way. So should I maybe try to apply more force to that side to correct it, like they suggested in the Guide to Proper Tongue Posture / Mewing?

Also is it normal to have a little empty space between the molars when jaws are closed on the inward side of the right teeth? That's actually where the bits of my tongue sometimes want to crawl in when I try to put it in the correct position.

Maybe I'm just over exaggerating about these things and should just shut up and keep mewing regularly, but I think it was worth mentioning this.

P.S my left side of the teeth/maxilla are dropped down more than the other side for some reason. Should i maybe consider chewing more on that side?

maxilla
maxilla2
Topic starter Posted : 07/11/2018 11:37 pm
Topic Tags
Honeynutcheerios4lyfe
(@honeynutcheerios4lyfe)

I have something similar to you; however, as I've continued to mew focusing on the spot and the line that extends from the spot to the back of the mouth, my maxilla has straightened significantly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2018 4:30 am
Samuel Alonzo
(@samuel-alonzo)
50+ Forum Posts

So just normal mewing.while focusing on that spot?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2018 7:18 am
dreamMaxilla
(@dreammaxilla)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Honeynutcheerios4lyfe

I have something similar to you; however, as I've continued to mew focusing on the spot and the line that extends from the spot to the back of the mouth, my maxilla has straightened significantly.

what is your age and how much time did it take to straighten the maxilla ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2018 1:39 am
sebastian
(@sebastian)
50+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Filip Velickovic

I personally think I have a slightly disproportional maxilla as you may see in the photo. My right (left on the picture) teeth appear to be closer to the tongue than the other side, so when I attempt to place my tongue on the palate sometimes that closer side kinda gets in the way. So should I maybe try to apply more force to that side to correct it, like they suggested in the Guide to Proper Tongue Posture / Mewing?

Also is it normal to have a little empty space between the molars when jaws are closed on the inward side of the right teeth? That's actually where the bits of my tongue sometimes want to crawl in when I try to put it in the correct position.

Maybe I'm just over exaggerating about these things and should just shut up and keep mewing regularly, but I think it was worth mentioning this.

P.S my left side of the teeth/maxilla are dropped down more than the other side for some reason. Should i maybe consider chewing more on that side?

maxilla
maxilla2

I think have a problem similar to you. If your incisive papilla isn't lined up in the middle of your face, you probably shouldn't keep it there. I tried it but it made my nose crooked, hence it not being in the middle of my face. I don't know if you have the same problem as i do, but i just say the word "sing", and my tongue naturally places itself, where it should be.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2018 5:19 am

THE GREAT WORK