Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Should I continue to expand my palate or wait till my bottom teeth/mandible has caught up?  

RSS
mysterecessed

Hi

I am 26/M and I have managed to increase my IMW to 43mm. I don't know what I started at, but my tongue now fits nicely in my palate, whereas my palate was too small for my tongue just 2 months ago, before I started thumbpulling.

However I have reached a dilemma, although my IMW is increased, I still have empty spaces at the sides of my mouth when I smile. I understand that this is because my palate is still narrow and I would possibly need to expand my upper palate more. However, my top palate is already visibly wider than my mandible as my top and bottom teeth don't line up.

Should I continue thumbpulling and expanding my upper palate despite my bottom palate not increasing in width yet? 

I have read that the bottom jaw/mandible will expand in relation to the upper palate, but it only happens slowly. Is this true?

Posted : 03/09/2019 8:39 pm
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member

Facepull your mandible to speed up the process. ❤️ 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 2:38 am
mysterecessed

@greekgodbrody

Thanks for the advice! Just a question - is face pull the same as thumb pull? I've heard some people say it is while others say it is not. 

Also, if they are different, what method of facepulling do you recommend? Is there a thread/guide you could link me to please? 

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 8:41 am
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member

@mysterecessed I've only done thum pulling after reading this thread: https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/frequent-low-tension-facepulling-a-potentially-effective-new-technique-for-adjusting-the-skull-by-hand/

In there, it links to an external article that describes the method: http://www.debugyourhealth.com/orthodontics-and-cranial-structure/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 9:08 am
mysterecessed

@greekgodbrody

I see. Also, I've looked through your links and this is the first time I've read/heard about thumb pulling the lower jaw/mandible, do you have any extra advice/ things that I need to look out for so I don't injure myself? Do you stick with the 1-2mins every 1 hour routine?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 3:06 am