NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Ryan, 23 year old progress after 3 years  

RSS
bestfaceforward

Hey guys,

My names Ryan I'm 23 and wanted to introduce myself to the forum here. I have been "mewing" for about 3 years since I discovered tongue posture. I have gotten very good results from it and have become very interested in how to accelerate the process.

The main way I honestly got results was from stretching. I noticed that when I would stretch (neck, trap muscles, biceps, pecs) that it was easier for me to get my tongue into the proper position. Once I stretched the muscles inhibiting my tongue, I could then do tongue exercises to improve my face.

Recently I really discovered that this really works and that everyone should have access to this information! I began to see it everywhere, the subway, on the way to work, at the drive through. There is really a huge epidemic of "falling faces", and it needs to be solved. I decided to start this youtube channel to show people the stretches and exercises that I used. I am also studying pursuing a field called myofunctional therapy which has to do with the improper positioning and function of the tongue.

Check out my before and after video on youtube and tell me what you think:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcNNyKVi2qc&t=1s

Thanks,

Ryan

Posted : 19/07/2019 9:56 pm
ohwhatthehell
Eminent Member

Do you have any better comparison photos? Your video was very well presented, but the angles in the pictures make the comparison less impactful than it could be with better pictures.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/07/2019 10:28 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Hi Ryan, 

you have a long face like me... 

Here is my same day progress

Sorry, I am being sarcastic...

Reliable pictures are very important! 

Do you have any other?

By the way... I do really appreciate the purpose to make people aware of this modern problem.

That is what I am up to as well. But first, I want to achieve UNDENIABLE results.

My brother (16) and sister (27) shyly told me they noticed some difference in my appearance after 6 months of secret. So I vaguely explained them what I was doing. Then my brother asked if these excercises give you a more marked jawline. This what he pinpointed.

My sister said I was way more straighter than before (we rarely meet) , still in a natural manner.

So, maybe, that's the proof that something real is happening.

My main reason was to stop mouthbreathing because in a long time frame, is unimaginably unhealthy. But then It Is obviously for haestetics too.

IMPORTANT: you said that your submental muscles should inflate at 4:32. BUT IT IS NOT CORRECT!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2019 1:02 am
GoTTi
Trusted Member
Posted by: bestfaceforward

Hey guys,

My names Ryan I'm 23 and wanted to introduce myself to the forum here. I have been "mewing" for about 3 years since I discovered tongue posture. I have gotten very good results from it and have become very interested in how to accelerate the process.

The main way I honestly got results was from stretching. I noticed that when I would stretch (neck, trap muscles, biceps, pecs) that it was easier for me to get my tongue into the proper position. Once I stretched the muscles inhibiting my tongue, I could then do tongue exercises to improve my face.

Recently I really discovered that this really works and that everyone should have access to this information! I began to see it everywhere, the subway, on the way to work, at the drive through. There is really a huge epidemic of "falling faces", and it needs to be solved. I decided to start this youtube channel to show people the stretches and exercises that I used. I am also studying pursuing a field called myofunctional therapy which has to do with the improper positioning and function of the tongue.

Check out my before and after video on youtube and tell me what you think:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcNNyKVi2qc&t=1s

Thanks,

Ryan

Hey bro, I'm very glad you got results mewing! Good for you, my man! I would argue though that a big part of your improvement in facial aesthetics may have come from stretching and optimizing your muscles. The muscle groups you have described can very well have a direct affect on the position of your mandible. Thoughts on this?

Thanks for sharing 

Btw dude, you sort of favor Nev from Catfish, but a more handsome version haha! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2019 6:10 am
GoTTi
Trusted Member

I just watched your video. I skimmed through it before as opposed to just recently when I was able to thoroughly analyze it and I can definitely notice a significant ccw rottion of your maxilla which gave you the eye support you have today, amongst other traits. The eye support is the giveaway here. This is pretty solid, although I didn't expect you to be so young in the before photo due to the fact that you said you mewed from ages 20-23. but you have made some clear changes, nonetheless. If I may, I would like to add in just one thing. Slow palatal expansion can induce change to the nasal bone. I've seen one study conducted on test subjects at a mean age of 27 which showed about 2mm in nasal width and about 2.5mm in nasal height over a 5 month period. Take that information for what it is worth.

Thanks for sharing your result. I wish you a great mission and great success as well. You're doing Gods work bro

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2019 6:51 am
bestfaceforward
Posted by: ohwhatthehell

Do you have any better comparison photos? Your video was very well presented, but the angles in the pictures make the comparison less impactful than it could be with better pictures.

Hey man!

Yeah I'm trying to find better photos from my past orthodontist. I'm getting results from stretching my neck muscles to allow for the tongue to work more easily - that's why I created this channel. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2019 10:18 am
bestfaceforward
Posted by: Kyte

Hi Ryan, 

you have a long face like me... 

Here is my same day progress

Sorry, I am being sarcastic...

Reliable pictures are very important! 

Do you have any other?

By the way... I do really appreciate the purpose to make people aware of this modern problem.

That is what I am up to as well. But first, I want to achieve UNDENIABLE results.

My brother (16) and sister (27) shyly told me they noticed some difference in my appearance after 6 months of secret. So I vaguely explained them what I was doing. Then my brother asked if these excercises give you a more marked jawline. This what he pinpointed.

My sister said I was way more straighter than before (we rarely meet) , still in a natural manner.

So, maybe, that's the proof that something real is happening.

My main reason was to stop mouthbreathing because in a long time frame, is unimaginably unhealthy. But then It Is obviously for haestetics too.

IMPORTANT: you said that your submental muscles should inflate at 4:32. BUT IT IS NOT CORRECT!

Hey man!

Yeah dude, everyone has this face posture. I see it all over the place and I know we can make improvements which is why I started this channel. 

Something I notice with your face is you are using your mentallis muscle (chin muscle) a lot to close your lips together rather than the muscles of your lips. That is why your lower face height is so large compared to your upper face height. 

I hope you see more results in the future. I will find better photos and post them to my youtube channel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2019 10:20 am
bestfaceforward
Posted by: GoTTi

I just watched your video. I skimmed through it before as opposed to just recently when I was able to thoroughly analyze it and I can definitely notice a significant ccw rottion of your maxilla which gave you the eye support you have today, amongst other traits. The eye support is the giveaway here. This is pretty solid, although I didn't expect you to be so young in the before photo due to the fact that you said you mewed from ages 20-23. but you have made some clear changes, nonetheless. If I may, I would like to add in just one thing. Slow palatal expansion can induce change to the nasal bone. I've seen one study conducted on test subjects at a mean age of 27 which showed about 2mm in nasal width and about 2.5mm in nasal height over a 5 month period. Take that information for what it is worth.

Thanks for sharing your result. I wish you a great mission and great success as well. You're doing Gods work bro

haha thanks dude! really appreciate that.

Subscribe to my channel if you want, I have some good stretching routines for improved neck/tongue posture i'm going to be posting in the coming weeks.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2019 10:22 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

@bestfaceforward.

Yes, I am aware of that! And It looks like you are the same... I have an openbite so I have to cover a lot of height with my lips. That's why I need to involve the mentalis. I am currently working on It trying to reduce its usage engaging the upper lip more and more

Let's see...

Keep working on this stuff!

Thank you.

Edit : I uploaded 2 pics in total taken the same day to show how angles and lighting can make the difference. Who the hell deleted the worst one??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2019 11:41 am
justdoit

@bestfaceforward My friend I hate to break it to ya, but your changes are minimal at best in 3 years. You're over-emphasizing the importance of stretching. Yes it may help initially because mouth-breathers don't have the mind muscle connection with the tongue to get the posterior third up. But once you know how to do that, stretching is useless. You need to strengthen the tongue and learn how to raise the posterior third at will, and have it support the craniofacial complex. In narrow-palated individuals, this needs very high conscious force because the structure doesn't allow for proper craniofacial support just using tongue posture. This is where extreme chin tucking and hard mewing comes in. If you need to stretch every day to get the tongue in place, you're probably doing it wrong.

Compare your progress (which is debatable) to someone like helmut, who at the same age and in less time, has completely transformed his facial structure. Try to incorporate his routine into yours.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2019 3:50 pm
dm222
Trusted Member

great progress, you look much better

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2019 6:38 pm