Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Roots of the teeth are too long and are adding height to the face  

RSS
Warda

I met with my orthotropist today. This orthotropist said she actually mostly works on expansion and upswings in her patients. She examined my xrays and said that my facial height is partially due to long roots of my teeth which can prevent a good upswing (there can potentially be an upswing but not as much as I'd like it to be because of the roots of my teeth). She said she can remove my premolars to reduce facial height, but it's up to my discretion. Is there any other way to get around removing my premolars or would I just have to live with a partial upswing?

Posted : 15/05/2019 5:34 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Remove premolars on top or bottom?  I would never remove on top.  Premolars don't seem to need to be extracted for an upswing.  Is your chin long?????  This person sounds weird, TBH.  I hate to say this,...but it sounds like they don't know what they're talking about.  What technique are they trying to use??? What age???  Did they run a ceph?!  Anything to share?  I think that you don't want to go too high.  Just probably be careful.... a huge upswing can impinge on nasal airway.  I have nothing to go off of here.  They have all the information, so I can't say anything.  All I can say is there are unintended side-effects of extraction.

This post was modified 3 months ago 3 times by darkindigo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/05/2019 7:42 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register