Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

[Progress pics] DRASTIC 3 Year Transformation  

RSS
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member

May 2015 -> July 2018

NOTE: This is not me! I won't be able to answer any questions.  These pictures are from the girl's blog here:  https://thehumanunderground.wordpress.com/2016/07/17/what-makes-a-face-attractive-its-all-in-the-tongue/

I'm a long time lurker but this was so inspiring I wanted to share for motivation.

Posted : 10/07/2018 12:52 am
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member
krollic
Reputable Member

We've talked about her before somewhere on the forum;mMainly about how her nose got MORE prominent and her cheekbones didn't seem to move. It's pretty odd. Seems to me like her jaw/chin came forward but not her maxilla

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2018 6:52 am
Erix liked
andread24

why her nose became bigger?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2018 7:36 am
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member

Nose included, I think she looks objectively better in every metric.  Her jaw progress is stunning.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2018 10:10 am
Slinky
Trusted Member

She still looks exactly the same, kinda disappointing to see almost no change in facial appearance even after 3 years. Her jaw has clearly moved forward as evident from the profile but she still looks more or less the same or maybe even worse. Her nose got really big. This is really weird and someone needs to explain it 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2018 1:29 pm
Ellen

Oh she updated a new latest picture. I like this one better. She looks a lot better. I think she pushed upwards too much? 

For me, when I push upwards, the middle part of my nose goes up. Making my nose look bigger.

now I just push forward, this has stopped my dorsal hump area from getting bigger and still moving my chin forward.

do note that my teeth/molars are aligned in a straight angle when you look at it from the side/profile view. If your even slightly downwards angled, when you only push forwards, you will make your face longer. So only do this when you know that is correct.

i also have a very small face, not long at all.

hope that helps someone.

she looks a lot better in this picture :). Really loving her results!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2018 2:19 pm
Wildernessy

The dissenting opinions are focusing on the nose too much...the key to her change is that it looks like her entire look has been uplifted; genuinely did look like her face was drooping beforehand. Now the angle of the lower half has been improved (even the eyes--just look at them!) and she's a lot more symmetrical. I'm not sure if the lack of change people see is because they're making an attractiveness judgment instead. Stronger face, not necessarily more feminine, etc...because the difference is dramatic. 

This might be BS but I think she initially would have aged much more poorly...consider the weak concave bones, the inward slouch of the face. Imagine how she would grow more gaunt with age, etc...and it's honestly hard to see how she looks now being more warped, because her bones are so much better defined, as well as her neck. Just so much less fat there! Less of a turkey neck in the future imo. Am I imagining things? 

I think the nose thing is more genetics. I think it'd be more interesting to ask whether or not her parents had similar features.

Edit: Looking again yup she does look a lot less zombish. Seriously look at the eye and jowl area--mad improvements there. The only downside is that the lighting doesn't look the same so we can't know for sure. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2018 3:45 pm
krollic
Reputable Member

yeah she certainly improved I just find it really odd that while her jaw swung forward massively her maxilla didn't seem to come up. the jaw is meant to follow the maxilla

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2018 4:45 pm
Ellen liked
Sclera
Estimable Member

@krollic, my mandible did the same thing and I've had no forward growth. Chances are it's more due to the teeth coming together, and the change in bite. A few millimeters makes a really big difference.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2018 5:03 pm
Sclera
Estimable Member

Also, her head tilt is very different in the before and after, which some might take as upswing. I still see a lot of tightening around her jaw, and I do think she's improved quite a lot, especially in the chin/jawline.

I always hesitate to analyze people who haven't given their progress photos themselves. But I would be so happy to have her chin in three years!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2018 6:14 pm
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member

Thoughts as to why actual improvement pics like this are so rare: It took her 3 YEARS to achieve this by mewing alone.  Most people lack the drive/motivation if they're not working with a coach or have some kind of device/palate expander at work to keep at it on their own.

My takeaway is that these photos show that mewing works in adults IF you have the self-discipline to push yourself.  Props to her, this is quite an accomplishment. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2018 8:28 pm
xDJ, Ellen, Dominik and 1 people liked
Dominik
Trusted Member

You can clearly see she has better eye support now, the maxilla did move.

Mewing probably improved her teeth and how they meet, the mandible then adapted and re-positioned itself. The big nose is probably genetic, she has an aquiline nose imo. She looks considerably better in every shot as she progresses imo. Her profile improved massively.

Nobody will look completely different tho, idk why ppl expect that. You will always be you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2018 5:59 am
xDJ and EddieMoney liked
Sclera
Estimable Member
Posted by: Slinky

These aren't drastic changes at all. She still has a extremely long midface and close set eyes and that hook nose ain't gonna help her either

Sigh, this is why I'm concerned about these kinds of threads. I completely understand the analysis of progression regarding tongue posture -- but I feel like the above post is now just getting unnecessary and cruel.

I'm so exhausted by the push and pull of what is attractive and what isn't. There are billions of people in the world with dysfunction who are still considered attractive and do just fine.

If I'm interpreting the photos correctly, her changes are actually quite drastic within the bounds that I think correct posture can provide, especially after 3 years. We're still given our genetic structure, we're still going to look like ourselves, there's just going to be ever increasing harmony. Whether or not she's had any forward growth, her cheekbones are sharp, her jaw is more angular, her chin and jaw have tightened up.

I know she put these on her blog, but she didn't post these photos here to be analyzed. The least we can do is be respectful when we do.

And people get angry that more of us don't post more of our own progress photos...I wonder why...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2018 9:47 am
Victoria and xDJ liked
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member

Yeah I'm considering asking the mods to delete this thread as I think it has served its purpose for those who needed the motivation.

As far as I can tell the changes are nothing short of amazing.  Her side profile is practically model-status now as far as the jaw goes (though the lighting could influence it for the better as well).  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2018 12:03 pm
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member

Yes.  Focusing ONLY on the jawline (not anywhere else), compare her most recent pic with, say, this pic.  Even if she's not 100% there yet, she will be in a year or two at her rate of progress.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2018 1:38 pm
Peter

I think it's hard to see any change which can't be attributed to head tilt and differences in focal length of camera/distance from which the photo is taken. Any changes certainly don't seem drastic to me. 

I do think my inter-molar width has increased a bit since I started mewing, and don't think my molars have tipped outwards. I think I MIGHT also see some improvements in symmetry. I do have some faith this will work, but don't find the above picture any sort of proof.

I definitely feel my jaw muscles are getting disproportionately big, though. I hope my zygomatic bones will catch up soon.

Cant you guys who have had great results upload some pictures? This seems quite promising:
https://the-great-work.org/community/case-discussions/10-month-mewing-progress-pics/

But again... could definitely be down to distance from camera. Also, KeepMewing is young enough that his face might still be growing?

Here is an example of how focal length and distance to camera changes facial proportions:
https://gizmodo.com/5857279/this-is-how-lenses-beautify-or-uglify-your-pretty-face

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2018 3:10 pm
Sclera
Estimable Member

@slinky, you're being disrespectful by using unnecessary and rude words. "that hook nose ain't gonna help her either" -- there was absolutely no need to say that.

@admin, and any mods out there reading this, I do think there needs to be a code of conduct, or understanding of how to act on this forum.

I completely understand skepticism, disagreement, and healthy debate. But there's a distinct change in tone and interaction that can easily make the entire forum repellent. Maybe I'm a part of that. But I really hate to see people being picked apart for features that are entirely out of their control in a way.

I want us all to be good to each other. That doesn't mean going into la la land or singing kumbaya. But really, I don't think it's cool.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2018 7:39 pm
Victoria, deara, xDJ and 1 people liked
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

Reported posts removed for being tactless. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2018 7:42 pm
xDJ, Ellen, Rockyp33 and 2 people liked
drunkwithcoffee
Estimable Member

@Avraks hmm, I'm the opposite on these.  I see HUGE changes in this one - even with the difference in lighting, ie. buccinator "sag" has completely disappeared.  I've looked really hard for really long but can't see any change in the link you posted haha.

EDIT: Upon further review I agree it's hard to see changes from the front views in the OP, but I feel like the side profile is almost indisputably better.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2018 9:28 pm
Sclera liked
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

Jaw definitley moved forward a lot seems like an inch even though it was take in different head postures theres obvious results

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2018 9:49 pm
gubbbbb
Eminent Member
Posted by: andread24

why her nose became bigger?

It didnt her 3rd picture  shes tilting her head to the side more which makes it seem like its gotten bigger by comparison but when you adjust for it the size is the same its her face thats shifting

in the first 2 pictures you can see clear  progress 3rd picture isnt at the same angle so its useless 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2018 11:43 pm
alfio liked
Parks

she definitely changed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/07/2019 11:18 pm
Parks

you can see that her chin is WAY different.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/07/2019 11:20 pm
6MAXIMUS3

Were lenses same in all pics?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2019 7:59 am
ohwhatthehell
Eminent Member

Her lower third changes are alarmingly obvious. I disagree that the third photo is useless. You can easily see how her bone structure and musculature has developer between the 2nd and 3rd photo. There also is another phenomenon that I've seen quite a few times, which is that her complexion has darkened significantly. Now, this could very obviously be because of sun exposure or room lighting, but she went not just from looking pale to looking tan, but from looking sickly to looking healthy. I count this as a good set of progress photos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2019 8:57 pm
dm222
Trusted Member

last photo was edited you can see in the chin fold

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2019 3:36 pm