Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Progress of Sailor

Sailor87
Eminent Member

I was going to make a progress thread after 6 months, but since I will be away from the comfort of my home for the next 3 months, and I feel like I have made visible progress, I decided to make it now. Its been 4,5 months now, and I plan to make the next update when I hit the 1 year mark. 

I will start with my inter molar width, which have expanded about 5-6 mm in this time period. When I started out it was 34 mm, and I could not get my whole tongue on the palate. After about 2 months I was suddenly able to get the whole tongue up there, but it was getting squeezed hard. Now it is still getting squezed a little bit, but less. I would say it fits there without much discomfort, but I expect the expansion to continue for a few months more, since my tongue is still making alot of contact.

https://imgur.com/a/iano1S9  

In this time periode I've noticed that my upper front teeth have gone from a slight inward inclination to a slight outward inclination. Nothing that bothers me, but they have definately been tipped a little bit. 

Now to the side profile pictures. The first was taken in the beginning and the other one was taken yesterday. Body fat and weight is the same, but the first was taken in winter so im alot more pale, which makes me appear worse generally. The light is natural, so its not identical but coming from the same angle. I've been trying to match the posture in the first picture, which is very difficult to get exactly identical. So yes the head tilt and posture is not identical, but as close as I could get it, im sitting down in a kind of natural relaxed position. I tried to get the tilt of the forehead and neck similar. The camera is the same, the angle is slightly off. So this is by no means a scientificly correct method, so take it for what it is.  

Pre:

https://imgur.com/xrOSPie

https://imgur.com/2vRcADH

When I look in the mirror I feel like I look slightly different from before, alot of it im sure is due to muscular changes in the face, since my tongue and jaw muscles have gone from not being used alot to being used alot every day. But im confident that some bone changes has also taken place. Mewing has so far been alot of work, but also very exciting. Im excited to see what results are possible as the years go by.  

Topic starter Posted : 05/07/2019 4:42 am
dm222
Trusted Member

Your forehead improved a lot

The jaw could be just muscles, but looks much better

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2019 6:58 pm
Sailor87
Eminent Member

Thank you, i dont know about the forehead, but i think my jaw has improved, alot of it is due to my skinny fat double chin going away, which I credit to me being able to getting my whole tongue up in my palate. But I'll take some forehead improvement 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/07/2019 8:00 pm
Silberman

Very good result. How old are you? And how do you mew (soft/hard, chin tuck etc.)?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2019 4:00 am
Pame
 Pame
Trusted Member

Looks like you jut your head forward in the after pic. Could you try to take another after pic with good head and neck posture? The ear should be vertically aligned with your shoulder.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2019 6:49 am
Sailor87
Eminent Member

I just turned 32. I do two styles of mewing, one expansion mewing, where i relax my tongue against my upper molars, and jihad mewing where i also touch the molars but push forward on the palate(mine is pretty steep, so is easy to push and rest my tongue against it, like a man relaxing up a tree), lately im doing jihad mewing more, but for a while i did expansion mewing most. 

I chew hard gum maybe 30 min every day and work on my general posture as much as possible during the day, for a period i did chin tucks for 10 min or so a day.

Ive been most obsessive about tongue posture, my tongue has really been at work and taken alot of abuse through some periods. Ive found that mewing changes constantly especially early on, ive changed the way i mew many times, and the way i do it now was not possible just a few months back.

I know the posture is not good, im trying to copy that of the pre picture, but sure, will do it in a few days. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/07/2019 4:42 pm
ohwhatthehell
Eminent Member

Awesome. You look really different, in very subtle ways. It's like the sum of a lot of tiny parts make you look almost like a different person.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2019 10:39 pm
skinnyboiii

How did you measure your IMW? And if you have the data/pics of how you measured it would you be willing to share?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2019 5:30 am
Silberman

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2019 9:18 am
Sailor87
Eminent Member

@skinnyboi

Its not very advanced, i just cut a toothpick and try to fit it between my second last molars. Ive since also bitten on paper and measured afterwards, but I get slightly different results and I started with the toothpick method, so i just stick with that. I mostly care about my imw in relation to where i started.

Thank you and you are welcome! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/07/2019 4:15 pm
Freddie
Eminent Member

Who cares if its muscles or bones.. You look way better and the fact that you’re in your 30’s is really motivating for others. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2019 6:57 am
justdoit

Wow, progress in your 30s, amazing! Couple questions:

1. Does/did your posterior third block the airway when raising it up against the palate, causing a sort of 'snoring' sensation? This may sound like a coffee machine to someone else.

2. After intense sessions of hard mewing/tongue chewing, when I go to chew food/gum, my teeth feel slightly sore like they did when I had braces (no, my tongue doesn't make contact with any teeth). I believe this is evidence of expansion. Did you ever have a similar feeling?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2019 2:43 pm
Sailor87
Eminent Member

@Pame

Here is a picture of what I would consider good posture, and one where I chintuck. 

https://imgur.com/01Obgiy

https://imgur.com/Irv531Q

@Freddie 

Thank you! But I think everyone is more interested in bone movement. 

@justdoit

1. No I never had that problem, when I chintuck I can feel it getting slightly blocked, but I can still breathe and it does not make any noise. But if you have that problem you should consult the scriptures of our prophet where he states that your mewing style should fullfill two criteria 1) It should be the one that makes the most sense 2) It should be doable. 

If it doesnt fullfill criteria nr 2, you should look for another style. All of our palates and tongues are different, so there is no one size fits all. 

2. Not in my teeth. But I can sometimes feel the pressure in my palate, in what feels like the area behind my nose/area between nose and upper lip. A slight burning sensation.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/07/2019 4:52 am