Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Posterior Tongue Tie Confusion

memememe88

Hey guys,

Is my frenulum normal?

I'm 20 years old, and I went to go see a myofunctional therapist recently. They said I had a tongue tie, and the floor of my mouth was coming up to compensate for a short tie, that I had an 'eiffel tower' tongue tie. However, I went to the our local dentist also, who said I completely didn't have a tie, and that myofunctional therapy etc. is all nonsense. 

The reason I went to go see a myofunctional therapist because I have been mewing for a while now, and it seems my profile has been getting more recessed? My jaw is kinda being pulled backwards, although my posture has been getting better. Before I started having correct tongue posture, my tongue was up at the front, but also touched my front bottom teeth (a kinda tongue trust). I have taken accurate photos, and I know for sure my profile has gotten worse, in about a year. 

Here is the pic.

]

Any thoughts? 

Topic starter Posted : 29/11/2019 10:35 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

Best Face Forwards released a video about tongue ties just a few days ago. Maybe it helps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oczgbI_X444

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2019 11:28 am
Quetzelcoatlus

My tongue appears to be severely tied in front, it cant touch the roof unless my mouth is almost closed. but It feels like I can mew fully. Mewing happens with a closed mouth so I don't see why a front tongue tie would be a hindrance.  Just my thoughts I haven't been doing it very long though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2019 11:36 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Vid on checking for tongue ties: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gQihz4JOPps&t=5s  You seem okay.  Mewing can move things back.  Simple really is the concept of arch perimeter.  Widening can cause retrusion.  It’s like your teeth lined up are a bendy piece of plastic.  If you widen, it can cause the front part (incisors)  to retrude.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2019 6:55 pm