Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Please help me with micro-swallowing  

RSS
Qyl
 Qyl
(@qyl)

I can't get the correct process of sucking saliva. From what i've heard i'm not supposed to suck on my teeth or use my cheeks when sucking saliva but i can't gather enough saliva when i do the tongue sweeping and my mouth fills with saliva after 1 minute. Could that be caused by excessive salivation or i am i doing something wrong? By the way i'm pretty new to mewing, i've been doing it for a little less then 3 weeks.

Posted : 11/01/2019 2:45 pm
Topic Tags
Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Apollo

Here's one of Dr. Mew's tongue sweep/micro swallow videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d5awyc_ZQ8&t=3s

A contributor called @starjammer also described a variation called the giddy up method:

https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/fixed-anterior-growth-guidance-appliance-fagga-holy-grail-gonial-angle-change-maxilla-movement-forwards-and-palate-widening-without-surgery/paged/6/#post-9261

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2019 3:30 pm
Qyl
 Qyl
(@qyl)

Thank you for taking your time to answer me. I had already tried the sweep method and i can't do it cause i only gather a small amount of saliva like i've written above, i've tried the giddy up method and works a bit better but still can't suck up enough saliva, also from what i've heard you're not supposed to use suction but only your tongue or your cheeks will swell. I think my problem is excessive saliva, does anyone know how to fix this problem, i can't find a solution with google.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2019 4:16 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member

I pointed you to those sources, because I'm not totally convinced that I've mastered this myself, and I find it difficult to describe, but whatever I'm doing seems to work alright for me. The only assurance I can offer is that its relatively common to feel like you have excess saliva pooling in the floor of your mouth once you start posturing your tongue on the roof, and that people generally adapt. I'm not sure if this is because their salivary glands reduce their output, or tongue sweep/micro swallows become more intuitive, or it just starts to feel normal. Probably a combination of all three.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2019 4:31 pm
Qyl
 Qyl
(@qyl)

Can you try to explain how you do it please? Cause the sweep method seems impractical, you can only sweep a tiny amount of saliva, do you use suction? Or just use your tongue?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2019 5:14 am
Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member

The OP in the thread that I quoted above included a detailed diagram (  https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/how-do-to-the-tongue-sweep/# ). Such instructions are far more painstaking than my awareness of what I do, which is mostly just dropping the tip of my tongue from the spot down into the floor of my mouth, gathering saliva (maybe with some suction generated by the back of my tongue), and then returning it to the spot and triggering a push swallow. I typically do this unconsciously.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2019 9:10 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register