Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Please help..facial assymetry, Mewing  

RSS
dKolev99

My left cheekbone is significantly bigger and higher. I've been mewing for about 9 months and trying to push hard with the tongue on the roof of the mouth, anyone any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Posted : 19/11/2019 7:47 am
ohwhatthehell
Eminent Member

You need a therapist. Keep mewing, by all means, but you have body dysmoric disorder for sure. You look 100% normal and don't have noticeable asymmetry at all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2019 11:11 pm
captainT

I see what you mean but its not a big deal tbh. You look good.

Ignore that lat comment. Some people get a kick out of throwing [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] on others.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2019 5:50 pm
ohwhatthehell
Eminent Member

@captaint

I'm not throwing anything on anyone. I'm telling him that he would benefit from seeing a therapist, which is true of an enormous number of our members (myself included). He's good looking and has very normal levels of asymmetry. Mewing is great, but it won't fix psychological issues. A lot of us have hangups that make us perceive ourselves as much less attractive than we are. Telling someone they have BDD is actually a compliment. It means that they are more attractive than they perceive themselves as being. However, if we don't acknowledge what's actually going on, it can lead us down a dark road of self-loathing and even harm.

Please think twice before you post a dumb comment about something someone else has said.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2019 9:32 pm
captainT

Dawg, you're telling him he's mentally ill. He's mentally ill for sure and needs treatment. [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated]. How do you know this?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2019 11:05 pm
dKolev99

@ohwhatthehell @captaint

Guys, thanks for joining on the topic and your opinions, but please, don't argue about stupid stuff :)) Yes, ohwhatthehell is right, I've become very self-conscious from this whole mewing story, made me think like an insecure woman haha Now, don't understand me wrong, I'm not blaming on Mew for anything at all, I myself made the decision to engage in this stuff without talking to a professional.

A question: if the upper jaw is supposed to expand, widen, what happens to the lower jaw? I mean, isn't there going to be a too big of a difference between the two?

Thanks in advance

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2019 6:06 am
TGW liked
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

Yeah I can see it. It should not be a big deal though. I think it may come from not being able to lift your tongue on one side of the palate. Is this true for you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2019 8:57 am
dKolev99
Posted by: @oatmeal

Yeah I can see it. It should not be a big deal though. I think it may come from not being able to lift your tongue on one side of the palate. Is this true for you?

yes, i think it's true because I've always noticed how the chewing muscles on the left side(the side with the higher cheek) have been tense when I put pressure with the tongue which means that this side of the palate is more affected. I've recently started placing the tongue on the right side of the palate and concentrating the pressure there which also moves my lower jaw towards the right side. Could this be a solution?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2019 1:18 pm