Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Orthotropics / Biobloc case Age 23 to 26  

RSS
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

Posted : 08/07/2019 7:10 am
bergamot, Magicalteeth93, GoTTi and 1 people liked
Slinky
Trusted Member

the chin change looks similar to Helmutstrebl's

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2019 10:29 am
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member

That is indeed a solid improvement. Wondering what treatment did he undergone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2019 10:56 am
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

Nice post TGW. 

Finally we're starting to see these adult case discussions appear more and more. Undeniable proof this stuff works and isn't fufu science. I feel like this next year is going to be huge on these sort of cases and will literally change the path of orthodontics. Makes me hopeful! 

Do you have any detailed info on what his treatment was?

I'd really like to know more about this one since I was thinking about going for a Bioblock.

Europe is far behind compared to America on these sorta treatments, other than the Mews.. But I can't really afford 500 euros per consultation and possibly having to fly there every month or whatever. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2019 11:22 am
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

Was it just biobloc? Or did he use a facemask as he usually always does?

I mentioned I was interested in the bioblock. Can you tell me what the differences between biobloc and bioblock are? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2019 11:40 am
Pame
 Pame
Trusted Member

And this was done something like 10-15 years ago? Just imagine what kind of changes can be gained in the future as we expand our knowledge about orthotropics and facial bone remodeling. Its also highly unlikely this patient was anywhere near as devoted to correcting his posture as many of the forum users here are.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2019 2:24 pm
GoTTi liked
ohwhatthehell
Eminent Member

I'm not usually the one acting as a naysayer on progress posts, but his neck posture is way worse in the after photo, which I feel makes it useless as a comparison. In the first photo, it looks like he's performing a chin-tuck. In the second photo, it still looks like he's craning his neck to compensate for a poorly developed airway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2019 9:48 pm
Agendum liked
GoTTi
Trusted Member
Posted by: TGW

Not doubting any of this progress, but these two photos were taken 3 years apart. With that being said, is it possible that potential weight loss plays a factor in the appearance of change on the after photo. Also, does it appear to anybody that this man is tilting his head backward a bit more in the after photo which can exaggerate results? I don't always have a great eye for this like many of you do, so please take these doubts with a grain of salt.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2019 9:52 pm
bergamot liked
GoTTi
Trusted Member
Posted by: ohwhatthehell

I'm not usually the one acting as a naysayer on progress posts, but his neck posture is way worse in the after photo, which I feel makes it useless as a comparison. In the first photo, it looks like he's performing a chin-tuck. In the second photo, it still looks like he's craning his neck to compensate for a poorly developed airway.

Great points, man... however, I disagree. I believe the neck posture may be the same, the shadow behind him and the extended lower jaw just makes it look far worse...With that being said, his forward neck posture remained even after achieving some ort of upsing in the maxilla and mandible. 

This, IMO, is evidence supporting that he may have had a poor posture initially cause by a tilted pelvis. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2019 3:15 pm