Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Only forward growth?  

RSS
testing777

I'm curious if there's a way to only get forward growth. I definitely don't need my maxilla to move upwards; my nose is straight and a perfectly appropriate size.

Posted : 08/06/2019 9:20 pm
testing777

can dm pictures of my case, if it would help anyone's determination

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2019 10:09 pm
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

mewing directs grow in the early years of your life and it can remodel your skull and moves in overtime upwards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2019 8:07 am
testing777
Posted by: mr.mewing

mewing directs grow in the early years of your life and it can remodel your skull and moves in overtime upwards

that's the thing; I need no upwards movement. At the very most, I would need a lot more forwards movement to make any upwards appropriate

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2019 11:16 am
TransportationYuppie

Proper tongue posture will guide correct growth. If your maxilla only needs forward movement to reach its correct location, then that's what will happen (assuming you are young enough for anything at all to happen).

Other techniques like face pulling or appliances can have less natural results, in this thread for example they are discussing that FAGGA causes forward growth. Overall, I wouldn't recommend trying to do anything with any technique except achieve what would have happened anyway with better tongue posture from a young age.

Lastly I am slightly sceptical of your surety that you don't need upwards growth. Your rationale doesn't make much sense to me. Do you have a particularly compact midface?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2019 12:00 pm
testing777
Posted by: TransportationYuppie

Lastly I am slightly sceptical of your surety that you don't need upwards growth. Your rationale doesn't make much sense to me. Do you have a particularly compact midface?

My midface height is normal; the problem is that it's too far back into my skull. My nasal bone sits at a certain angle and level of protrusion that if tilted significantly upwards it would look strange. My profile is like the first skull in picture, but further in (not downwards).

I'm also certain this isn't genetic (all of my family have nasal bones that sit forwards or further down in those with poorer oral posture, plus the soft tissue composition of their radixes is shallowe), or some developmental deficiency.

I think it could stand some upwards growth if accompanied with good forward growth, but not at a comparable rate between both. I'm just not sure how to achieve this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2019 1:58 pm
Arkey

I wouldn't worry about identifying what your exact problem is.

Rather, worry about mewing and correcting your posture to the best of your ability. Your face will fix itself without you thinking about how exactly it's going to happen.

- Mewing for 6+ months
- IMW: 35mm (no expansion)
- Sleep on the floor without a pillow
- Tape mouth at night
- Continue to emphasise chin-tuck/occipital drive for extended periods
- Chew Mastic Tears for 1 hour every other day

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2019 5:34 pm