Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

One year progress pics  

RSS
Hallowcheekz
(@hallowcheekz)

This is a front view of my progress over exactly 1 year. For the first 6 months i did solid mewing only and also began a weight lifting regimine, then in november I began doing at home NCR and using a pallate expander from braceshop. I'm to a point now where my top pallate is still narrow (open bite) but it is now the same width as my bottom pallate which i cannot widen due to root canals being done on my molars at 13. 

From this my cheek bones have become much more prominent, and i have gotten just under 1/8" forward growth, which still leaves me a full 1/4" from lining front teeth up with eyes for nassion line. I have a fairly large/thick jaw that slopes downward pulling maxilla down which is preventing further forward/upward development. Any advice on correcting this going forward to 2020?

Edit: I'm 26 years old, and started mewing at age 25 

Also found another picture that better shows change

This topic was modified 3 months ago 4 times by Hallowcheekz
This topic was modified 1 month ago by Hallowcheekz
Posted : 20/03/2019 5:33 pm
joiski and Kyte liked
krollic
(@krollic)
Estimable Member

any chance of a side comparison?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2019 6:09 pm
Helmutstrebl
(@helmutstrebl)

I’m sorry i’m not good at this but u look the same. Literally no change as far as i can see. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2019 6:14 pm
Sailor87
(@sailor87)

A side profile would be better, its difficult to judge based on these pictures. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2019 6:41 pm
Hallowcheekz
(@hallowcheekz)

This is the closest I have to a before side picture. I tried to match the angle as best i could.

This post was modified 3 months ago by Hallowcheekz
ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2019 8:01 pm
WishIKnewSooner
(@wishiknewsooner)

Is the before pic on the left or right? For your profile comparison.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2019 9:43 pm
Hallowcheekz
(@hallowcheekz)

In profile pic its before on left, after on right.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2019 10:06 pm
WishIKnewSooner
(@wishiknewsooner)

In that case it does look like your mandible swung up a bit. It’s hard to tell with the lighting and angle but your ramus might be a little longer as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 2:46 am
mr.mewing
(@mr-mewing)
Trusted Member

is a big ramus a + or a - ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 4:11 am
WishIKnewSooner
(@wishiknewsooner)

There is an ideal ratio between the posterior face and anterior face. Having a short ramus makes the posterior face too short- the mandible then has to be at a high angle to meet the teeth. I have a similar condition to OP where the ramus is short and the mandible comes out at too high an angle, creating open bite.

Having too long a ramus also isn’t ideal as you’d end up with a square face like Mussolini. But it shouldn’t be short either.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 4:17 am
mr.mewing
(@mr-mewing)
Trusted Member

but with the case mussolini he as like a 90 degree angle ramus what if the ramus is angled at 130 degree

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 4:29 am
Sailor87
(@sailor87)

Its hard to tell with the glasses, beard and different head positions. But it seems that your mandible have swung up a bit, so perhaps your maxilla have moved forward, but difficult to see with the glasses. Do you do hard mewing? You just need to keep mewing I guess, push that maxilla forward, so there will be room for your big jaw. But you all ready look pretty good! 

This post was modified 3 months ago by Sailor87
ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 4:41 am
WishIKnewSooner
(@wishiknewsooner)
Posted by: mr.mewing

but with the case mussolini he as like a 90 degree angle ramus what if the ramus is angled at 130 degree

His gonial angle is 90 degrees because of his long ramus. If his gonial angle was 130 he’d have a shorter ramus. And probably pull a bunch more chicks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 5:06 am
AloeVera
(@aloevera)
Eminent Member

You'd be able to tell for sure how far your face has changed by doing this: https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/tracking-your-progress-via-photos-an-idea/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2019 8:26 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
Trusted Member

D a t U p s w i n g

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2019 10:29 pm
Mangas77
(@mangas77)

How old are you ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2019 1:04 am
Community Lurker
(@community-lurker)

Face clearly looks shorter to me. Definitely seems like some upswing happend, your lower jaw looks a bit wider e.g.  and face shorter = signs of upswing. Along with that, your cheekbones also seem just slightly wider (see lighting in the before and after in the second comparison), but i'm not completely certain.

Overall i think changes did occur, but perhaps a tiny bit less appearant as shown here due to looking up a bit more in the after / different head positions.

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by Community Lurker
ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2019 8:32 am
deara
(@deara)

Great work, there is a noticeable improvement! 

How old are you? Are you hard mewing or soft mewing?

As far as theory goes, I would suggest adopting a low carb diet for an increase in HGH. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2019 5:10 pm
dm222
(@dm222)
Eminent Member

cant compare photo taken in the mirror with another taken directly at close range, because camera distorts images at close range.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 5:26 pm
joiski
(@joiski)

Wow that's great! Seems like you're getting a bit of structure rather than the perfect oval you had a year ago. How old are?

Awesome, keep at it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2019 7:17 am
Hallowcheekz
(@hallowcheekz)

Found a picture of myself from last year where my head wasn't tilted back, shows drastic change

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 4:27 pm
Mangas77 liked
Mangas77
(@mangas77)

Great change indeed, keep mewing !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 4:58 pm
dm222
(@dm222)
Eminent Member
Posted by: Hallowcheekz

Edit: I'm 26 years old, and started mewing at age 25 

Also found another picture that better shows change

jesus

routine?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 9:22 pm
dm222
(@dm222)
Eminent Member

noticed now, after photos are taking in the mirror, while the others pointing to the camera.

photos are useless.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/05/2019 12:51 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register