Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Need Help, Is my Jaw Assymetry caused by Masseter Inbalance?(pic)

WtfAmI

Please ignore the face pubes.

So, on the left side of the pic, my jaw goes pretty much straight down from the cheekbone, and on the other side it caves in. In the mirror it almost looks like Im missing a piece of my face. Is this due to bone or muscle inbalance? Ive chewed on the straighther jaw side for all my life. Can this be fixed by chewing or do I need an implant.

P.S My temples seem to be less devoloped on the weaker side as well.

Topic starter Posted : 11/12/2019 3:21 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Effect of small habits on the face are noticed.  Do you read on one side and prop up your head?  Chewing can do it for sure.  One thing to note...it may be worth checking condyle positioning.  If they are asymmetric, a deprogrammer can help.  However, a deprogrammer - even for a week - can make permanent changes in jaw alignment.  Some may or may not be liked.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2019 6:48 pm