Need advice on my v…

Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Need advice on my very narrow palate

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
0_requiem
(@0_requiem)
Topic starter

I am a 27 yo male who has always been a mouth breather.

I think i first came across mewing on reddit and then went down a black hole of research watching lectures from Dr Mike Mew, Dr Derek Mahony and Dr Won Moon to name a few.

I desperately want to undergo MSE treatment, preferably corticopuncture assisted MSE treatment to guarantee a suture split. This will benefit me as I have an asymmetrical face and do not want asymmetrical expansion.

I have 2 problems, the first, I don’t know where i can get this treatment in England.

I came across this website,  https://www.moonmse.com/distributors,  and there doesn’t seem to be a single distributor in the UK…

Secondly, I have one of the most narrow palates I have seen compared to most . My palate is very high and steep, it does not curve like a normal persons palate. There is no flat surface on my palate for the MSE applance to be installed, its just a very steep gradient. 

I will attach some photos so you can see my situation. 

Does anyone know where I can get MSE treatment in the UK?

Also is MSE even possible on my palate?

excuse the caveman look, i’ve been working from home due to covid19 and decided to try grow a beard 

some pictures from last year – 

RHS

LHS

Bite

I have a slight underbite and an open bite, especially along the left side

I have visited a handful of orthodontists who immediately want to sell me braces and my pull my lower jaw back.

However i dont think the underbite is due to the lower jaw being over extended, but due to my under developed maxilla.

I want to expand my maxilla and bring it forward about 2-3 mm to get my top teeth in front of my bottom teeth.

Can anyone offer me advice or recommend someone i can go to see in the UK, preferably in England.

Thanks.

Posted : 25/06/2020 5:10 pm
Sergio-OMS
(@sergio-oms)

I think you will need orthognathic surgery to advance you upper jaw, but of course I don’t have all the information. I doubt MSE + FM will work but I definitely believe it’s worth trying.

Posted : 27/06/2020 5:45 pm
openbytes17
(@openbytes17)

For such a narrow palate you have a pretty good looking gonial angle. What about mike mew in the UK? Another practice in the UK who might offer this is londonholisticdental. Good luck

Posted : 11/07/2020 5:08 am
mewgod
(@mewgod)

Hi im 23 and been mewing for a year, and i would say as a adult it very hard for the tongue to expand the palate even with perfect tongue posture. Your palate does seem very narrow, id say the best bet is to definitely get an expander and practice mewing. im getting mine from braces shop, thats the cheapest option but a bit risky as you are your own doctor. Another option is to find a orthodontist whos willing to only expand while you mew.

But since your in the UK why dont you try and see the legend himself (Mike Mew)

Posted : 14/07/2020 11:26 pm
Loliboly
(@loliboly)

@0_requiem
That looks very narrow indeed. What is your intermolar width? Regarding the MSE, I hope you will find some answers. I would suggest that you send pictures of your palate to a MSE-provider and ask them if they think it is possible for you to do MSE.

Posted : 15/07/2020 4:26 pm
annaemg
(@annaemg)

Did you find anyone in the UK? I’m also looking. Also, as I’m sure you know, Mike Mew is now taking on a few adult patients – but I think your asymmetry would make you ineligible (I’m not eligible for many reasons!), but – looking at your photos it’s not clear to me that you have asymmetry (although I’m no expert!). 

I heard that Richard Cousley in Peterborough does MSE but then I got mixed messages when I tried to book a consultation: they said he only did MSE via direct referrals from another dentist, and that he doesn’t treat jaw issues at all (that’s me disqualified), and they also said ‘he’s not doing MSE anymore’. As your issues are not jaw joint related, maybe there’s a possibility with him – once you get to the bottom of whether or not he’s still doing it…

Posted : 19/08/2020 6:13 pm
Sergio-OMS
(@sergio-oms)

Posted by: @0_requiem

I am a 27 yo male who has always been a mouth breather.

I think i first came across mewing on reddit and then went down a black hole of research watching lectures from Dr Mike Mew, Dr Derek Mahony and Dr Won Moon to name a few.

I desperately want to undergo MSE treatment, preferably corticopuncture assisted MSE treatment to guarantee a suture split. This will benefit me as I have an asymmetrical face and do not want asymmetrical expansion.

I have 2 problems, the first, I don’t know where i can get this treatment in England.

I came across this website,  https://www.moonmse.com/distributors,  and there doesn’t seem to be a single distributor in the UK…

Secondly, I have one of the most narrow palates I have seen compared to most . My palate is very high and steep, it does not curve like a normal persons palate. There is no flat surface on my palate for the MSE applance to be installed, its just a very steep gradient. 

I will attach some photos so you can see my situation. 

Does anyone know where I can get MSE treatment in the UK?

Also is MSE even possible on my palate?

excuse the caveman look, i’ve been working from home due to covid19 and decided to try grow a beard 

some pictures from last year – 

RHS

LHS

Bite

I have a slight underbite and an open bite, especially along the left side

I have visited a handful of orthodontists who immediately want to sell me braces and my pull my lower jaw back.

However i dont think the underbite is due to the lower jaw being over extended, but due to my under developed maxilla.

I want to expand my maxilla and bring it forward about 2-3 mm to get my top teeth in front of my bottom teeth.

Can anyone offer me advice or recommend someone i can go to see in the UK, preferably in England.

Thanks.

I think you could avoid surgery with MSE + intraoral protraction.

Posted : 20/08/2020 2:45 am

THE GREAT WORK