Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Need advice for my Treatment

habibkhan

Hi there I am  25 Y/o

In the end of 2018 I found Dr mike mew video's and mewing since then but I am mewing on and off because some times I am forget to mew

I have normal chin and normal jaw but my problem is deep over bite and asymmetrical front teeth’s which make’s my smile odd

So last week I visited orthodontic and he suggest me braces and said it takes 16 months to get perfect teeth’s but he also said that maybe we need to remove one or two teeth’s

then I ask him is that possible to fix this without removing any teeth then he said okay but we need to move your teeth’s little bit forward and create some space

So here are some questions in my mind

• Can i fix this by hard mewing 24/7 for 2 to 3 years ?
  • If I go for braces may it helps me in facial growth ?
  • Is there any side effect of removing teeth’s ?
  • or it’s better to apply braces treatment without removing teeth’s ?

Thank you 

Topic starter Posted : 06/07/2019 1:49 am
habibkhan

please reply to this post

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/07/2019 12:04 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member
Posted by: habibkhan

Hi there I am  25 Y/o

In the end of 2018 I found Dr mike mew video's and mewing since then but I am mewing on and off because some times I am forget to mew

I have normal chin and normal jaw but my problem is deep over bite and asymmetrical front teeth’s which make’s my smile odd

So last week I visited orthodontic and he suggest me braces and said it takes 16 months to get perfect teeth’s but he also said that maybe we need to remove one or two teeth’s

then I ask him is that possible to fix this without removing any teeth then he said okay but we need to move your teeth’s little bit forward and create some space

So here are some questions in my mind

• Can i fix this by hard mewing 24/7 for 2 to 3 years ?
  • If I go for braces may it helps me in facial growth ?
  • Is there any side effect of removing teeth’s ?
  • or it’s better to apply braces treatment without removing teeth’s ?

Thank you 

Can you fix by Mewing?  Mewing must be broken into constituent parts.  Chewing hard things worsens deep bite...  You want to widen your top and bottom, possibly.  I've never seen a photo so looking like some teeth are begging to be pulled.  Don't see many irregardless.  However, you may be able to possibly keep them if you seek various consults.  I would seriously consider face-pulling as a free alternative to mandibular widening.  The top must be done with appliances, ideally.  The top must be done before/at the same time as the lower jaw widening.  Face pulling that mandible seems easy enough.  When considering the alternatives to pricey treatments, play dumb/stupid.  I'd just hide my health/knowledge away.  See what they say and do.

Braces tend to grow avealar ridge.  Sure, this causes facial growth...but for adults this is limited by factors... typically braces widen and can elongate face.  Depends on various factors, including diet, myofunctional activity, etc.  I wouldn't just jump into braces without addressing the palate at a high level.  You want to keep upper jaw outside of lower jaw around the condyle area.  Ex. facepulling mandible alone can be bad.

Removal of teeth can be bad or good.  Generally, extractions are more frowned on, but do occur.  Over time can elongate face...think Dr. John Mew, but lesser extent.  With adults, impact is reduced, but still affects facial form.  Some don't care..  though the concern is airway.

Braces alone are unlikely to fix your crowded dental teeth, especially for lower.  However, I've been surprised before!  Get different opinions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2019 2:14 am
habibkhan

why delete the reply ?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/07/2019 1:12 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member
Posted by: @habibkhan

why delete the reply ?

Sorry - I don't recall.  I would stop Mewing.  You're pushing your tongue super hard...because you have exaggerated curve of spee... that is the tongue bowing the lower jaw under pressure.  Your bottom jaw looks crowded.  I mean... as far as "Mewing" goes, you are doing everything right.  The problem is that Mewing doesn't work.  Your lower jaw is excessively crowded.  With the tongue plastered up high, the lower jaw is more likely to crowd.  Consults are free usually.  There are SO many different opinions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2019 3:01 am
habibkhan

can you please tell  me how to face-pulling to mandibular widening ?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/07/2019 12:19 pm