fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

My story- 20 years of TMJD and MSE at 35

Page 3 / 3
NoctilucentNikki
(@noctilucentnikki)
50+ Forum Posts

@amimm hello! I actually have an appointment this Wednesday so see my next step. I might be done or I might have a few more weeks of Invisalign. But, I'll update my blog afterwards. 

I've just been coasting along, wearing Invisalign, with nothing exciting to report. 

My pallet still feels huge, bites still a little off, can't open a bag of chips with my teeth or anything like that any more. However, my pain has been SIGNIFICANTLY less the last 6 months. I barely take medication at all anymore!! 

And something that's a pure bonus for me, I'm confident smiling with my teeth showing now.

😬

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/06/2021 6:06 pm
sunflower and Apollo liked
skinny7
(@skinny7)
10+ Forum Posts

@noctilucentnikki any updates since your last post? I'm particularly interested to see if you have any more info on this:

Also, the success rate of this process is not so much related to age or gender, it’s on how fused your palatal suture is. There’s a scale from A to E apparently. I am at a B so it’s not fully 100% closed up forever. A and B level people haven’t had a problem while D and E are not likely to be successful with an MSE.

Do you know how they determined how fused your palatal suture is? Was the periodontist looking at your CBCT?

I went looking for homeoblock and got pitched your treatment plan with the addition of SFOT on top and a POD device prior, following it all up with homeoblock. Something you may want to have a look at.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2021 8:57 am
Apollo liked
Apollo
(@apollo)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: @skinny7

Do you know how they determined how fused your palatal suture is? Was the periodontist looking at your CBCT?

Yes, my understanding is that it’s a software used to evaluate the CBCT to estimate density of the bone along the suture. I think Dr. Moon and others question its accuracy in predicting failure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/12/2021 1:40 am
skinny7 liked
Page 3 / 3

THE GREAT WORK