Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

My Routine  

Page 10 / 11 Prev Next
  RSS
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
Reputable Member

How is your lower arch keeping up with the upper?

name changed from abdul to Abdulrahman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2018 11:45 am
Hamham25
(@hamham25)

Apolo can you please guide me with self ncr and face pulling?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2018 2:13 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member
Posted by: Abdulrahman

How is your lower arch keeping up with the upper?

My lower arch started out wider than my upper arch except with lingual tipping that prevented cross bite. I've always said that I would be very satisfied if I could get my maxillary arch to correspond to the width of my mandibular arch and upright the lower teeth. My upper arch is still slightly narrower than my lower arch, but it is getting closer, and I think there has been some uprighting of the lower teeth. However, I still have crowding of my lower incisors.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2018 3:08 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member
Posted by: Hamham25

Apolo can you please guide me with self ncr and face pulling?

Hi Hamham,

These aren't practices I incorporate regularly in my routine anymore, but I have tried both. There are many variations of extra-oral traction that commonly get referred to as "face pulling." Allixa started a thread about manual facepulling using only your hands (  https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/frequent-low-tension-facepulling-a-potentially-effective-new-technique-for-adjusting-the-skull-by-hand/ ). Keengo is a proponent of using a grocery bag ( https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 ). I've read about others using a towel, and a contributor on lookism is kind of the originator of this style of biting on something and pulling using a belt ( https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/belt-facepulling-dons-johns/# ). A guy called Plato put out instructions using a helmet to anchor the forces rather than just your hands ( http://jawpain-tmjtreatment.com/ ). I tried something similar to this strategy using my expander to connect to a helmet. In the end, I decided that I didn't like any of these techniques where the teeth bear the force rather than the palate, so I stopped using my rig. Some people have reported success using the manual method, which doesn't load the force onto the teeth, but I haven't been consistent enough to know if it works for me.

I have done a couple consistent rounds of self-ncr/endonasal release and then dabbled with it here and there. I'm confident that I am correctly inflating into the nasopharynx, but I can't honestly say if it has had any effect on me. Maybe I'm not in a relaxed enough state to allow the sutures to separate. Progress posted a guide in the BTM forum (  http://breakthematrix.createaforum.com/therapies/guide-to-self-ncr-and-face-pulling-anyone/15/ ), but I'm unsure if that link is still active.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2018 3:32 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member

I completed two weeks freezing my grass-fed beef liver below -20 degrees Celsius to kill any parasites and then partially thawed it, cut it into pill-size pieces and refroze them last night. It turns out that taking the dosage that I was originally estimating will be impractical. I would need to take more than 30 pieces per day to get 60 grams and more than 15 pieces to get 30 grams. Blogs about this method recommend 3-8 pieces with the idea that you are taking a couple bites of liver per day. I think some of my pieces might be too big because I had a little trouble swallowing one. I took 3 pieces today as a test to see how I respond. I might try increasing the dose to 5 pieces tomorrow. A couple hours after taking it, I do feel a little more alert than typical, but this could be my imagination. I took the frozen liver after a meal, but it was still a little unsettling to have the frozen pieces in my stomach.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2018 4:50 pm
Hamham25
(@hamham25)

Thank you so so much for your reply. Do you think we can have some chat i can give you my email. Only if you are comfortable with that. Thank you. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2018 7:14 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member

Thank you so so much for your reply. Do you think we can have some chat i can give you my email. Only if you are comfortable with that. Thank you. 

I would prefer to keep our conversation on the forum so that others can engage with it. For private topics, we can talk on the personal message function.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2018 2:47 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member

Since I have advanced my expander as far as it can go and stopped turning the screw but continue to use it to stabilize my progress, I find that it is relatively easy to fit the transverse width of the expander, but that the height of the expander is becoming harder to fit. There's even some separation between my upper left first molar and the edge of the acrylic, but it seems to be getting harder and harder to fit the height of the expander up into the vault of my palate, such that the wires interfere with occlusion, etc. I suspect that this means my tongue is continuing the process of expansion and leveling out the roof of my mouth. However it also means that the fit of my expander is getting worse and I might not be able to use it for stabilization much longer. But maybe I won't need it if my tongue is working to prevent regression.

I took a few pieces of liver after lunch for the second time today. I cut the pieces in half to make them easier to swallow and this seemed to work better. I usually eat two meals per day, so I am considering taking a few pieces of liver after both meals. Since I stopped taking most of my vitamins, the consistency of my stool seems to have improved, and so far the liver hasn't had any adverse gastrointestinal effects. So I hope this means I might have better nutrient absorption. I think it will probably be a month or more before I am ready to say if this is working for me, but so far I am happy. I am still trying to decide what dose of vitamin D3 to take to balance the vitamin A in the liver. Ideally, I should probably be taking some cod liver oil or some other source of vitamin A since I can't take as much beef liver as I originally thought. If I can take a maximum of about 20 grams of liver per day, that equates to 140 grams of liver per week, which is a pretty good average of the 100-200 grams per week recommendation from the Weston A. Price Foundation article. So I want to take about 10 grams after lunch and 10 grams after dinner every day. This would give me about 3380IU of vitamin A daily. For now I'll plan to take 2000IU vitamin D3 every other day. I'm also continuing to take magnesium, MK-7, and fish oil.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2018 3:37 pm
Hamham25
(@hamham25)

That'd be great but how do i text you in private? Can you send me a text so we can talk?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2018 5:55 am
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member
Posted by: Apollo 

I would prefer to keep our conversation on the forum so that others can engage with it. For private topics, we can talk on the personal message function.

That'd be great but how do i text you in private? Can you send me a text so we can talk?

You sent me a personal message so I guess you figured out how that works. The question you asked is the kind of thing that others might be wondering about or have a better answer than I do. Since it isn't specific to your case or embarrassing, I'm not sure why you want to keep it private rather than open it to the forum where others can engage with the discussion. I sent you a response anyway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2018 12:25 pm
Hamham25
(@hamham25)

I thought it would be alot easier to engage with you but you are right let's make it open so other can have their say too. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2018 7:47 am
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member

I thought it would be alot easier to engage with you but you are right let's make it open so other can have their say too. 

Ok, with your permission, I'm going to move our conversation from the personal messages here.

Hello Apollo its great to hear your imorovements can you tell me how did you fix your canted smile because i have a canted smile too. Thank you

My smile is still noticeably canted. However, I think it has improved from expanding my palate, and from practicing rotary chewing in the counter-intuitive direction (  https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/rotation-of-chewing-and-possible-correlation-to-canted-smile/# ). Like any asymmetry, practicing correct oral posture should help an occlusal cant over the long term.

Thank you for your reply. After mewing for about two months i guess my canted smile has got better but i wanna fix and make more and more symterical the one side of my upper jaw is sligtly upward and backward giving me a canted smile. Do you think you have the same issue? Also where can i find “guide to proper head posture” do you have any idea

I talk in this post about all three dimensions the maxilla can be tilted ( https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/elements-of-smile-aesthetics-and-craniofacial-dystrophy/#post-2419 ). My right side is angled farther down and back than my left side. As I mentioned above, I've seen improvement of a degree or two from palate expansion, and balancing the direction of my rotary chewing (  https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/rotation-of-chewing-and-possible-correlation-to-canted-smile/# ). Dr. Mew uses the analogy of a crumpled piece of paper which becomes more symmetrical as you stretch it back out to its proper dimensions. I've seen some improvements in the deviation of the bridge of my nose along with the improvements in my occlusal cant. However the bridge of my nose is still a couple millimeters left of center and my occlusal plane is still a few degrees off. Do you know what your current intermolar width is? If your palate is narrow, expanding it using tongue posture or a device would probably improve your occlusal cant. You asked about head posture. I suggest focusing on sustaining a Mckenzie chin tuck. This should improve the efficacy of your oral posture. Dr. Mew has several youtube videos on this topic, and it is discussed extensively here on the forum.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2018 3:49 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member

I found a plaster mask cast of my face that I made during an art class in middle school. I was probably around 13 years old at the time and had braces. When I put the mask up to my face today, the width of the mask still easily fits, but the vertical height of the mask is significantly shorter than my face. It's a very tangible display of how my facial growth since then has mostly been down rather than forward. If I protrude my mandible forward into a class 3 under bite position, it looks like my maxilla could come forward about 5-7mm. However, I don't know if moving the maxilla forward would allow more room for the mandible to swing even farther forward. Either way, it seems like just 5mm of forward maxillary growth would make a significant improvement to my face. This is well within the scale of typical FAGGA results, but I hope to achieve something comparable using tongue pressure. I will continue to monitor my Mew indicator measurement, but I wonder if measuring how far my mandible can protrude beyond the maxilla would be another way to track forward progress.

I've been taking liver for about 5 days now. For the first few days I just took it after lunch. Yesterday I took it after lunch and dinner (I don't eat breakfast). I've been taking three little pieces each time. My culinary scale isn't very accurate at low weights, but I believe this is about 5-8 grams of liver. If I take this twice a day it would be around 10-15 grams of liver per day. This gives me a little more than 2000IU of vitamin A per day. WAPF recommends 100-200 grams of liver per week. So I probably need to increase my dose. Maybe I should take 4 or 5 pieces after every meal. I think I have experienced a little of the anti-fatigue effect but nothing remarkable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2018 3:59 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member

I've decided to order a large Myobrace A2. I hope this will help me achieve a more symmetrical, roman-shaped maxillary arch and relieve the crowding in my mandibular incisors. I'm going to start with the A2 because the A1 sounds like it is intended for people with worse crowding. I want the large size based on the research I've posted in this thread (  https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/myobrace-effect-and-treatment-time/# ). Although significantly more expensive, I want the authentic Myobrace brand rather than a knock-off to be confident in the function and size. Hopefully the listings I have found are actually the real thing.

A couple weeks since my expander maxed out, it continues to get more challenging to fit in my mouth. However, I don't think this is from relapse. I think it is from continued progress since my oral posture has drastically improved and it seems like I am now able to maintain it during sleep. The intermolar width is more than wide enough to accomodate the expander, but my palate vault has continued to level out leaving less room (fractions of a millimeter) to fit the height of the expander. I think the Myobrace can help stabilize my results while being flexible enough for continued progress and improved symmetry. I'll probably use the Myobrace at night, and continue to use the expander for a few hours each day until I am sure that I won't relapse.

This post was modified 1 month  ago by Apollo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2018 10:36 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member

By all indications, I should be able to fit the large size myobrace. Anecdotes I've read from other users suggest that only those with a very narrow palate would require the regular size. The picture I found of what is supposed to be an authentic large myobrace shows an intermolar width that should fit my expanded palate. However, I am still a little concerned that the left side of my arch is more curved than the right side. I am hoping that the myobrace can help correct this asymmetry, but it is possible that my squarer right side won't fit within the arch of the channel, even if the intermolar width is wide enough. I'll just have to wait and see if it fits when it arrives.

I've increased to 4 pieces of liver after lunch and dinner for several days now. I think I will add one more piece after both meals for 10 pieces total. As a point of comparison, I looked at the dosage on Ancestral Supplements brand of desiccated grass-fed beef liver capsules. They recommend 30 grams of beef liver per day. This is in the range of what I was originally targeting based on the WAPF guidelines. However, I estimated that I would need to take 15 pieces of liver per day to get that amount (based on my culinary scale, which is imprecise at small values). That would require taking 7-8 pieces after every meal. I wouldn't mind swallowing that much each time, but I would run out much sooner and have to repeat the arduous process of preparing the frozen liver pieces more frequently. For now I'll plan to increase my dose to 5 pieces after both meals, for about 20 grams per day.

So far the most apparent effect has been the drastic improvement in the consistency of my bowel movements. In the past I have struggled with frequent diarrhea and have tried many different dietary changes and supplements with varying degrees of success. However, since I have been taking the liver my stools are consistently in the 2-4 range on the Bristol Stool Scale whereas I was usually in the 4-6 range in the past. 

Image result for bristol stool chart wikipedia

It's too early to say, but I think there might also be some improvement in my keratosis pilaris. It is hard to say if my energy levels have changed, and even harder to know if it is helping with bone remodeling.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2018 5:28 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member

Just to help me keep track of the 2 weeks in the freezer to kill parasites, I'm noting here that I purchased more grass-fed beef liver from a local farm today. They don't always have it in stock so I wanted to get more while I could, although I probably have more than enough left from the first batch to last me two weeks. Maybe I will increase my dose again from the 5 pieces I am currently taking twice a day to 6 pieces. I think it is good that I have been gradually increasing my dose to give my body time to adjust and eliminate any stores of synthetic vitamin A (that I used to take in a multivitamin) to avoid excess. Ultimately, I don't think I will take any more than 15 little pieces per day. This comment on the Amazon listing for Ancestral Supplements desiccated grass-fed beef liver is informative about how they determined their recommended dose: "1 serving of Grassfed Beef Liver (6 capsules) is equivalent to 1oz of raw undefatted beef liver. With that said, 4 servings (24 capsules) of Grassfed Beef Liver is equivalent to 4oz of raw beef liver. Nutrition authorities like Chris Masterjohn (of Mastering Nutrition) and the WAPF recommend 1 to 2 servings of liver per week (or) a total of 6 to 8oz per week. To achieve this amount with Grassfed Beef Liver, simply consume the recommended daily serving of 6 capsules per day." They recommend 1 ounce per day which is just under 30 grams, and I think my pieces are on average around 2 grams per piece, so I would need to take 15 pieces per day to get 30 grams.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2018 3:58 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the role of nutrition. Here's a recent conversation from my private messages for anyone interested, posted with permission:

Posted by: Matt

Hi there. I came across the thread you posted in regarding vitamin k2. I’ve recently brought some supplements (k2 and also a vitamin D supplement to balance it out with the k2) and I read that k2 can be bad for bone development when using.

I plan on taking one capsule of each vitamin a day. The k2 contains 200mcg and the vitamin D3 contains 3000 in. With the additional added onto these numbers with eating dairy foods and eggs.

Will this be bad for bone growth?

Thanks appreciate it!

P.S. Do you know any supplement which could possibly help with bone growth (height). I thought vitamin k2 would assist, but from what I read it looks unlikely. Hope your mewing journey is all well!

Hi Matt,

I’ve posted about my understanding of which vitamins are involved in bone remodeling in a few nutrition threads on the forum, so I’m not sure which thread you are referencing. In short: if you want to stabilize, strengthen, or build up bones, you would try to activate osteoblasts, whereas if you want to make bone more malleable you would try to activate osteoclasts. I aim for a balance. I think we want to avoid both deficiency and excess of vitamins on either side of the balance to promote bone remodeling. For example, if you’re goal is increased height or bone density, you might tip the scale more toward the osteoblast side. I think this is the case for people who start mega dosing on K2. It might make it harder to change the shape of the bones, but it could make them bigger and stronger overall. So calcium, vitamin D, vitamin K2, magnesium, all seem to be important for building bones. The only dietary counterweight I know of to break down bone is vitamin A which is a PTH cofactor activating osteoclasts. However, the type of vitamin A seems to be important because our bodies are inefficient at converting plant-based beta carotene, and synthetic forms can accumulate and cause side effects. Beef liver and natural cod liver oil are good sources of the bioavailable renitol form of vitamin A. I would start there and then try to balance the other fat soluble vitamins D and K.

Currently, I am aiming for about 5,000IU of vitamin A per day from grass-fed beef liver. I also take 2,000IU of vitamin D3 every 2 days, and just 100 mcg of the MK-7 form of vitamin K2. I think I get some of the MK-4 form of vitamin K2 from pasture-raised eggs and butter, but I have considered adding an MK-4 supplement to my regimen, which has a shorter half life than MK-7 but is the active form that our bodies convert MK-7 to, so it seems to be more potent. I also take 200mg of magnesium daily, along with fish oil.

Do you mind if I copy and paste this conversation into the thread about my routine for anyone else who is interested to read?

Go for it thanks for the info!

I have also ordered a supplement to help my zinc levels to improve that deficiency . This might be a bit off topic, but is it important to have enough magnesium while taking these supplements? I don’t think I will buy a magnesium supplement, but I will try and eat more magnesium foods. I’ve heard bananas are a good source?

I think magnesium plays an important role in bone remodeling on the osteoblast side of the balance. There are many dietary sources of magnesium, but I find it hard to be consistent enough with food sources alone, and much of today’s produce comes from mineral-depleted soil, so I supplement. In addition to the bananas you mentioned, I think of greens like spinach, broccoli, asparagus, avocado etc. Some dairy and fish contain a good amount of magnesium. I mostly avoid nuts and legumes, but I guess they are also reliable sources.

Interesting! Because I will be taking a zinc supplement. Is it important to take another supplement to balance out the minerals in my body? Sort of like the vitamin K/D combo?

Also would it be fine to take all the supplements at the same time after an evening meal?

Thanks!

I’ve read that zinc and copper act as antagonists and work together in a superoxide dismutase enzyme which serves as an antioxidant. So it is important to balance their ratio. Combination zinc and copper supplements are available. I am getting more than the recommended daily intake of copper from the beef liver I consume, so maybe I should be supplementing with zinc too, especially since I don’t have a lot of dietary sources. I know zinc shouldn’t be taken at the same time as calcium or iron because they decrease absorption, but some people find that zinc causes nausea when taken on an empty stomach.

Thanks once again for the informative reply! I can only find a combination of zinc and magnesium. Does magnesium serve the same purpose as copper? Also do any of these minerals contain iron?

Sorry for the many questions, I have no knowledge in this area and I am fascinated to find out more.

Thanks!

No, copper and magnesium aren’t interchangeable. Any supplements containing iron would list it separately on the label.

Hi again. I have been doing a lot of research on the internet on what supplements are most beneficial to take for the body to help support bone growth and for supporting and maintaining the bones. I’ve heard that taking Vitamin D3 and K2 can slow down the mewing process, although I am just going to go ahead with taking the supplements anyway. Here are the bunch I have chosen:

Vitamin D3
Vitamin K2
Zinc and Copper combination
Magnesium
Glusamine and chondroitin

The reason why I have chose Vitamin D3 and K2 is to help bone growth. I hardly get any Vitamin D due to living in the UK (during the later part of the year there is hardly any sun) and I also work indoors so I get no sunlight. I am using Vitamin K2 to balance out the calcium absorption into bones and blood.

I have chose the Zinc and Copper combination supplement due to the benefits of Zinc on hair, skin and other advantages. I chose the combination due to the importance of copper being balanced out with Zinc.

Magnesium is another one I chose due to also the benefits on the bones and even the heart.

Lastly I am going to take glusamine and chondroitin due to it’s benefits on joints and will help maintain my bones.

I’ve been told it’s best to take these supplements just before/after a meal? Also would it be safe to take these supplements at the same time?

Thanks for your time and help!

(P.S. I remembered you said Zinc shouldn’t be taken at the same time as calcium or iron)

These sound like good choices. Of course the longer your list of supplements gets the more expensive it becomes. The rational that D3 and K2 can slow bone remodeling is that they are building up the bone, making it less malleable. Ideally, I would add a good animal-based source of vitamin A, like cod liver oil or beef liver. Vitamin A is a parathyroid hormone cofactor so it would enhance osteoclast activity, breaking down bone, and balancing the osteoblast activity from vitamins like D3 and K2. What form and dose of K2 have you decided to take? Right now I am only taking 100mcg of Mk-7, but I am considering adding a higher dose of Mk-4. For the supplements you listed, the only interaction to worry about that I know of is the one you mentioned with the absorption of zinc when taken with calcium or iron, so you might wait a few hours to take it if your meal had foods high in those vitamins. Another consideration is the half life of the supplement and potentially dosing multiple times per day. For example, the half life of Mk-4 is relatively short. If you were taking it in drop form, you could take it twice a day at a lower dose rather than once a day at a higher dose. Magnesium is supposed to have a calming effect so you could take it in the evening after dinner to help you get ready to sleep, however some forms of magnesium increase GI motility so you could divide it into a morning and evening dose to avoid side effects.

Thanks for the info! I will let you know what form and dose I am going to be taking. I’ve read some research that Vitamin A can increase mortality, so it sort of put me off the idea of taking the supplement. But most of these researches don’t have much evidence behind it I don’t think.

Vitamin A excess is a real danger, and there is some dispute about the recommended daily intake. However, I’m pretty convinced that the synthetic forms found in most vitamins are more likely to accumulate in lipophylic tissues leading to toxicity. Whereas natural sources of animal-based vitamin A (like fermented cod liver oil or beef liver) have different functional groups attached which make them more bioavailable and require higher doses to build up and cause side effects. Plant-based sources like beta-carotene are inefficiently converted to the active form of vitamin A. You could check the Weston A. Price Foundation website for more details about this debate.

Thanks! I am going to look up what foods contain a good source of Vitamin A. What type of foods do you usually eat to gain your daily Vitamin intake?

I take a small portion of grass-fed beef liver daily, but you could eat it for one or two meals per week and get the weekly 100-200 grams recommended by the Weston A. Price Foundation (  https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/food-features/the-liver-files/ ). You could also try pate or liverwurst. Many people don’t like the taste of liver, but other animal sources like dairy and eggs don’t give you as much vitamin A in a serving. Another option is desiccated liver pills from companies like Vital Proteins or Ancestral Supplements, but these can get expensive.

I will look into further into different intakes of Vitamin A. Thanks!

This post was modified 4 weeks  ago by Apollo
This post was modified 1 week  ago by Apollo
This post was modified 7 days  ago by Apollo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2018 5:04 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member

The myobrace A2 I ordered should have arrived last week, and there haven't been any updates to the tracking, so I am getting impatient.

I cut the next batch of grass-fed beef liver into little pieces today after more than 2 weeks in the freezer. I still have a few days left from the first batch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2018 11:41 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member

I wrote about my first impressions of the myobrace here:

https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/myobrace-effect-and-treatment-time/paged/2/#post-6355

Since that post, I have adjusted the height of the upper lip bumpers so they no longer rub against my buccal exostoses. With that issue resolved, my upper teeth feel like they fit the channel easily. I don't really feel any force from the device on my upper arch, so it's not really clear to me how it could expand the arch, or improve symmetry. Maybe the forces are very subtle but will have an effect over the long term. In contrast, I can clearly feel the force realigning the minimal crowding in my mandibular incisors, and maybe some force uprighting my lingually tipped mandibular molars and premolars. The pressure on one misaligned mandibular incisor is pretty intense. I've worn the device for a few hours during the day to get used to it, but with this level of discomfort I doubt that I will be able to sleep through the night.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2018 10:40 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
Honorable Member

As expected, I couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep with the myobrace in place, so I've been trying to make up some hours during the day today. The instructions say "may fall out at night while sleeping in initial stages of treatment. If this happens increase daytime use." Once my misaligned lower incisor comes back in place, it should become much more comfortable. For now, my upper teeth seat all of the way into their channel, but I don't press the lower teeth all of the way in. This helps reduce the pain, but it is also less stable without closing my bite all of the way. I sometimes find myself engaging my lip muscles to hold in the device. I'm also still having some trouble with my tongue posture. There is a tendency to want to let the tip of the tongue extend down to the level of the lower teeth with the middle of the tongue against the tag, and the sides of my tongue rub on the edges of the plastic. I might try to smooth off the mold seams. In short, this feels like it could help realign my crowding, but I'm not sure if it is helping to maintain correct oral posture, or further expanding my intermolar width. My intermolar width is currently just below 40mm. It is good that I ordered the large, but I'm amazed that they don't offer a larger size. I don't think anyone with a wider palate than me would get much benefit from the large A2. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2018 3:12 pm
Page 10 / 11 Prev Next
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register