fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

My case, please help

Angelina
(@madeira09)
10+ Forum Posts

Hi everyone,

i've been mewing for about 1,5 year. I can see some improvements like upswing of my chin, under-eye area became a liitle more prominent, and my face shape is a little rounder. At the same time i have some asymmetry which i cant fix with my mewing routine so i think there is something im doing wrong. Within 1.5 year of mewing i changed the way i mew quite a few times. Each time i pushed towards one side harder than the other in order to fing the right direction to fix my asymmtry. Recently i made some photos of my upper arch and started to understand the nature of my asymmetry and why it is so hard to fix. Here is the photo. You see my maxilla rotated to the left around Y axis. Pushing with my tongue extra hard to the right doesnt seem to help, i think its even worthening my asymmetry. Should i maybe concentrate on applying pressure left and back, right where i drove the red spot? I will be grateful for any comments and ideas.

WP 20180707 17 51 49 Pro copy
Topic starter Posted : 31/07/2018 8:48 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
500+ Forum Posts

I just push up and forward with my tongue and hope that the asymmetries work themselves out. I guess I assume that the tongue will automatically exert more force on the areas farthest down and back and that expansion will be easier to induce in the areas where it is necessary. Look to the example of the FAGGA device. The springs on both sides of the arch are set to exert the same force but often a larger gap opens up on one side of the mouth than the other. I think this reflects how the "crushed box" of the maxilla becomes more symmetric as it expands back to its proper dimensions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2018 12:39 am
Angelina
(@madeira09)
10+ Forum Posts

Thank you very much, Apollo! Ill do as you say,hope this will work it out. i will keep the topic updated

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/08/2018 1:21 pm
Apollo
(@apollo)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Angelina

Thank you very much, Apollo! Ill do as you say,hope this will work it out. i will keep the topic updated

Let me know how it goes. My asymmetries are still noticeable but improving.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2018 12:13 am
Angelina liked
Stan
 Stan
(@stan)

@madeira09

Hey, I have the exact same problem, how your progress coming along?

IMG 20190927 202459
ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2019 4:12 am
20_year_old_mewing
(@20_year_old_mewing)
10+ Forum Posts

I don't think apollo correct in that assymertry just sorts itself out. I am more developed on the right and my palete is higher there, so my tongue sits further to the right. when I expand, the right side of the teeth expand because that's where my tongue naturally sits. so i try to get my tongue more to the left. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2019 8:14 am

THE GREAT WORK