Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Might go blind mewing?  

RSS
Rann43

👋 Hi, I'm 24. Got good and bad news, let's start with the good:

Tmd pain fixed after 1st month. (still there when chewing, bad jaw posture cuz of general asymmetry)

Turns out my tongue was using the right teeth as anchor to push my skull to the right, causing tension.

Face looks slimmer cuz those muscles finally found some peace n quiet. 

---------------------

📅 Timeline and stats

👉Right side:

• 14 years of tmd

• Teeth closer to midline, has minor crowding. 

• the "overdeveloped" side. Tho I never chewed with it. The teeth were taller which caused asymmetry.

• Smaller palate

• right front tooth overlapping the left tooth.

First noticed it 8 years ago. May have HUGE part in keeping left side sunken although I chewed there for years.

👈Left side

• 7 years of left-side chewing. Hoped it would even things out after noticing right eye was higher. Definitely a bad move cuz it didnt do jack.

• smaller ear canal

•"underdeveloped" and sunken side although it has wider palate and straight teeth. The overlapping front teeth mannn..

----------------------

😢 The bad news

So after 2 months of mewing, right eye was getting squeezed by my maxilla along with tingling on the right nosebridge and temple.

left skull feels absolutely nothing. Grr these front teeth..

Anyone else experienced this? Especially fellow asymmetrical folks. 

Even the lightest touch especially on the back of the palate and I can feel the pressure on my eye.

Its still there but has slightly improved because of downpull tactics. Yea the headline was a bit exaggerated but I can't mew now 😢

--------------------

❓The questions

Its a long shot but can a palate expander expand one side only?😂 

Is there such a thing as SARPE that also focuses on overall facial asymmetry? Maybe the vomer bone has shifted or something idk. Feels like it

Non-surgical solutions would be lovely of course haha

Thank you if you put up with my scatterbrained writing 🙏

Posted : 25/09/2019 10:56 am
dapi
 dapi

[Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated]? Did you get a xray to actually see if thats happening and not just you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2019 11:34 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Hi,

Please post some pics

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/09/2019 1:42 am
Rann43

@dapi

Thinking of getting x-ray when I consult with an orthodontist but wont be anytime soon. Theres no orthotropic in the Philippines huhu. Ill update the post with pics. Years ago an ear doctor told me about the ear canal thing, thats how i knew bout that one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/09/2019 3:51 am