Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mewing "progress"  

RSS
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

Hey, me again

In the pictures are months between

Do you think that I can continue mewing? Is my asymmetry improving or getting worse?

The first picture is the current one.

Posted : 03/12/2019 4:40 pm
Topic Tags
Elwynn
Estimable Member

The pictures are too different to make any honest observations. There's a tendency on this forum to acknowledge this very fact, and in the same breath say that there's a visible difference anyway (i.e. "the pictures are too dissimilar, but your X looks bigger / smaller"). That's just silly. If the pictures are too different to make an honest comparison, then there's no point in making a comparison. I'm not saying this in anger; I'm saying this as a (hopefully) constructive criticism. If you take more accurate pictures, I will give you my honest opinion about your progress.

On that note, if you do it, try to take both pictures either under the same artificial light, or under natural light, but during the same time of day and weather (this matters more than you'd guess). Furthermore, do not use your arm to take the photo. Place the camera on something sturdy, within a specific spot. Then stand a specific distance away. It helps to make marks with a pencil or tape. I can't stress how important the similarity of the conditions is. A difference in the camera's angle of less than 5 degrees can make the face look vastly different, and result in the false illusion of progress.

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2019 11:38 pm
thebeetle and Yusu liked
Authority

I have the same case of assymetry as yours where my more developed side with higher maxilla and eye is kind of tilted towards my worse side.

Are you pushing evenly? I feel that if I would favour pushing on my underdeveloped side this could further tilt my mandible towards It and worsen my assymetry. However this is the side which has a narrower palate so I naturally feel more pressure on It when mewing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2019 6:00 am