Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mewing made left side asymmetrical.  

RSS
Hyper19

Hi

I’ve been mewing for a couple of weeks now. Recently I just saw that mine left side got really ugly, my left eye is noticeably bigger and I have more lines in my skin under the left eye. Now I’m not sure why it happened I wanted to make my left side better so I focused mewing to the left side for a week and thats when I noticed the assymetry. Although I stopped with it now and just putting the tong in the middle it hasn’t helped.

Posted : 15/05/2019 3:43 am
ohwhatthehell

It's not possible for your face to change so much that there would be noticeable asymmetry in a few weeks. You need to calm down, take good comparison pictures in a place/position that is easily reproducible and wait a few months before doing that again. It's all in your head.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2019 6:10 pm
detailaddict

Are you looking at yourself consistently, in the same mirror under the same lighting?  I've noticed that I can look significantly better or worse depending on the room I'm in and the ambient lighting.  Lack of sleep, dehydration, and nutrition (or lack thereof) can also make a difference.  Vitamin C, magnesium and copper are all important for collagen production and facial tone.

I actually have the opposite problem in that it's my right side that lags behind, and I haven't decided if mewing is causing more asymmetry as the left side progresses.   I've been trying to activate my right pterygoid muscle by pushing my jaw alternately to the left and forward (for balance as this activates both sides) as another poster suggested.  Presumably as this muscle is responsible for opening the jaw, as it grows stronger it will push the maxilla upward while the jaw is closed.

How do you want to make the left side "better"?  Was it lower than the right side to begin with?  I wonder if your left eye has been pushed forward just a bit if you were focusing on that side.  You may want to just mew in the middle for now.  But you're only a couple of weeks out, so lasting changes will take awhile to emerge.   I'm fairly new to this as well so I'm learning to decipher what my face is doing too. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2019 11:41 am
Hyper19

Hey,

wish it was in my head I’ve looked very closely and yes my left looks bigger and worn out. And actually I’ve been mewing for a month seriously just the last few weeks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2019 9:47 am
Hyper19

Hey,

yes it’s really noticeable especially in the dark. I’m also getting enough sleep and for vitamins I’m taking magnesium and vitamine d3.

i honestly don’t know how I’m gonna fix this I also noticed it made my nose bigger. Last couple days my teeth on the left side hurts, and my eyes are really hurting a lot and feels unnatural  , my vision on the left side also became blurry. 

I don’t know man, I’m scared i’ll permanently mess up something wish I never started with this sh*t.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2019 10:01 am
Progress
Member Moderator

1. Are you keeping teeth together or apart?

2. If you open your mouth in front of a mirror in your preferred default head position, does your anterior palate curve downward, or is it at an even height in relation to the posterior palate?

3. Do you have lordosis, scoliosis, swayback? Is your neck straight or craned forward?

4. Is there a difference in forces being applied with the tongue against anterior vs posterior palate?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2019 10:43 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register