Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mewing / Chewing / Starecta [pics]  

RSS
Sam_PakuEyes

I first learned about mewing in June of 2018. I did chewing soft and falim gum through the summer. I started mewing in earnest, and chewing mastic gum everyday (more on my right side), beginning in September '18.

I bought a Starecta in mid-November - as my main motivation has been to strengthen / re-align jaw on the weaker developed side of my face; the right side. I try to wear it 16-22 hrs per day. I believe I've made some progress although it can be hard to gauge with photos depending on angle / lighting etc. Attached are pre- photos from March '16, long before I ever heard of mewing. 

Posted : 31/12/2018 12:25 pm
Topic Tags
Sam_PakuEyes

...and the post -photos from November/December 2018

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2018 12:25 pm
Francybe92
Sam_PakuEyes

Thoughts on the results from my pics?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2018 4:17 pm
Sam_PakuEyes

here are some (non-Starecta) youtube videos that point to the biomechanical soundness of the dental stint treatment: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE2x37pWw88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7zOE8jXx2k

...these particular videos address TMJ and tourettes/tics resulting from spinal and nerve compression due to lack of dental height in the back molars and pre molars and the postural problem created. The skull, sitting on the mandible, starts to sink because of gravity. Misaligned jaws can occur, not to mention a whole host of other problems depending on how poorly aligned the skull/spinal posture. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2019 8:28 pm
Camus

Any change I can see is minimal. Maybe a little more balanced jaw? It does look a little wider, probably from the gum. Either way, unless you have functional issues I wouldn't worry too much about this if I were you. The asymmetry you're talking about is minor and you're unlikely to fix it even if you mew perfectly. Unless you have a crossbite or something that I can't see in the pictures, it looks like you're a decently good looking guy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2019 12:35 am
Zag
 Zag

Ive got the exact same asymmetry. Im going to get a surgery.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2019 4:38 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

@Sam_PakuEyes You look amazing!  What a difference.  🙂  Really cool to see this!  Will have to research more.  Thanks for sharing.  You are very handsome.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/01/2019 2:59 am
Sam_PakuEyes

thanks! I appreciate your flattering comments. I'm always happy to shoot the breeze about the various methods I've tried. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/01/2019 5:45 pm