Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mewing change X-rays  

RSS
ayla mao

A user from looksmax.me posted these in a thread, he said the changes took place in a 2 year span (from 24 to 26 years old).

He said he mewed with good posture and did 30 min of chewing (presumably some gum, he didn't specify) every day.

Left is before, right is after.

Posted : 19/01/2020 11:49 pm
ShaktiOm liked
Silberman

Thank you. Very interesting!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2020 12:24 am
Mangas77
Eminent Member

Can you link the thread please ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2020 7:53 am
max iller
Eminent Member

Lip seal!

Looks like the maxilla has folded in and gotten 'shorter'. The angle between the roof of the mouth and the line leading to his incisors has steepened.

Shouldn't the maxilla unfold and become less angular? Looks like his lips overpowered his anterior tongue and recessed him, though his occlusion has improved a LOT at the front. His molars dont look the be touching though, compared to the before, and look how far the bottom molars have come forward, the crowns relationship in the teeth looks like its been disrupted... hopefully this was organic and part of the process and not just a user frauding their xray by jutting.

These photos suck hot butt though

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2020 3:42 pm
captainT

You have it backwards, by the way. According to Op the left is after. https://looksmax.me/threads/x-rays-mewing-2-years-difference.89573/

And it would indeed appear that the mid face shortened, but the picture was taken at angle which could explain that. If someone could edit the image to account for the different perspective then we could get a better idea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2020 8:53 pm
Silberman

Agree that the scale is different. But looks legit and very impressive to me. Look at the insane change in the upper jawbone and front teeth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2020 8:39 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member
Posted by: @ayla-mao

Left is before, right is after.

2 years mewing xrays

What?

On lookmax the pics' position is inverted .

So he says that left (right, in the original post) is the after, the one with more protrusion.

Why did you change the position?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2020 12:15 pm
Silberman

On this tread. Left is after.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2020 1:06 pm
captainT liked
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

midface shortened and jaw seems less downward, but it could be the way the before is angled. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2020 2:28 pm
captainT

Meh. Just lined them up to scale and there's absolutely no difference other than jaw placement. More camera fu.ckery

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2020 10:08 pm
max iller
Eminent Member

@captaint

could you post the pics lined up please?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2020 5:31 pm
captainT

It wasn't a very good comparison because I could get the persepctive shift right.

Here's what appears to look like the mid face shortening but what I think is simply a rotation on a z-axis consistent with the different perspective.

https://imgur.com/d9oavwE  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/01/2020 7:30 pm
dm222
Trusted Member

he had braces most likely!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2020 3:22 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @captaint

It wasn't a very good comparison because I could get the persepctive shift right.

Here's what appears to look like the mid face shortening but what I think is simply a rotation on a z-axis consistent with the different perspective.

https://imgur.com/d9oavwE  

But his occlusion changed from class 1 to class 2 it seems. Look how his upper molars seem more ahead of the lower ones. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2020 10:41 am