Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Maxilla symmetry (one side lower)  

RSS
Jimmie1337

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on forum (long lurker here) and I really need your suggestion. 

My left side of face is lower than right. When I draw line in the middle of my face left side is melted (lips assymetry, weaker under eye support, smaller masseter, upper dental arch sloped to the left). What can I do to lift my maxilla up only in one side? Which side should I chew more?  

Cheers

Posted : 07/01/2019 3:09 pm
Samuel Alonzo
Eminent Member

I have the same problem but dont know what to do

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2019 9:28 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member
Zag
 Zag

Same here. I understand that even pressure will fix this to a certain degree... but are there any devices to speed up the process?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2019 7:20 am
Apollo
Reputable Member
Posted by: Zag

Same here. I understand that even pressure will fix this to a certain degree... but are there any devices to speed up the process?

I saw some improvement in my asymmetry while using a removable acrylic palate expander. The deviation in the bridge of my nose and dental midline are measurably reduced. However, my occlusal cant isn't much better, maybe about 1 degree less. It's still pretty noticeable. Some splint activators claim that they correct occlusal cant, but that hasn't been a benefit I've observed from using one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2019 5:18 pm
Zag
 Zag

I saw a topic about open mouth chewing, but didnt want to necro that. Basically the higher placed side of the jaw is the undeveloped one, correct? My whole left side is wider and lower. Just an eyebrow is lil bit higher and shows more of an upper eyelid, but that might be some other issue, cuz eye corners and both iris are even.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2019 1:30 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member
Posted by: Zag

I saw a topic about open mouth chewing, but didnt want to necro that. Basically the higher placed side of the jaw is the undeveloped one, correct? My whole left side is wider and lower. Just an eyebrow is lil bit higher and shows more of an upper eyelid, but that might be some other issue, cuz eye corners and both iris are even.

Are you referring to the maxilla when you say "higher placed side of the jaw?" Many people have a mix of some better-developed features on both sides of their face. However, if your maxilla is canted lower and more recessed on one side I would consider that side to be less "developed" or to have more craniofacial dystrophy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2019 4:48 pm