Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Mandible shifted forward  

RSS
coaster8560

I've always had great teeth (no braces or malocclusions), but not very prominent cheekbones or jawline (slightly recessed mandible I believe). My jaw is also a bit crooked and misaligned. I've only been mewing about two weeks, but two days ago I felt a very noticeable change in my bite. In the past, my underbite allowed my lower teeth to touch the upper base of my upper teeth. All of a sudden, I pretty much don't have any overbite (very slight). 

I understand that this means my jaw is shifting forward, but I was led to believe that this normally happened as a result of the maxilla shifting first. Is it bad that the mandible shifted first? Also, this new bite feels really weird—will the collision of my teeth cause my uppers to fan out? Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm a bit freaked out that change happened so quickly—so any help would be really helpful.

Also, are there any mewing techniques for evening out a crooked jaw? Thx.

Posted : 27/11/2019 3:01 pm
Topic Tags