Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Really uneven jaw.  

RSS
Krel
 Krel

Hi everyone.

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on with my jawline? I started mewing 3 months ago. Got very good noticeable results people keep telling me my face seems more defined but what I see is a big assymetry on the lower face. Never got braces, dentist suggested them tho, would it change something? What can I do?

Here you can clearly see the difference. 

Posted : 13/09/2019 10:34 pm
Krel
 Krel

Also is it bone related or muscular?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2019 4:22 pm
auff
 auff

it is bone related. The problem is your right tongue is more stronger then the left so imbalance 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2019 4:55 pm
Krel
 Krel

@auff

So what can I do?

+you said its bone related but talk about the tongue which is a muscular organ?

Thanks for your help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2019 8:00 pm
Krel
 Krel

I world like to know on which side I should sleep, bite and where my tongue should be cause mewing "normally" seemed to have made things worse. What can I do to reduce the assymetry?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2019 3:29 pm
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

Did you ever have the habit of leaning  your head on your hand. It seems bone related. Braces won't help with the asymmetry. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2019 1:11 am
Krel
 Krel

@fred

Yes I had this habit. I had many bad habits. What can I do... seriously anyone got an idea?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2019 10:35 pm
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

@krel topic moved to adult case discussions forum

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2019 7:17 am
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

@krel

Here is an exercise that I do...

https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/exercise-to-fix-asymmetries/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2019 2:02 pm
Krel
 Krel

@shakti_om

Thanks for your reply. I'll start doing this exercise today. 

There's something I would like to clarify tho, in my case my right side is lower than my left side but it seems that the right side is way more developed than my left side. I should focus on biting with my left side then. Does that seem correct to you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2019 8:21 pm
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member
Posted by: @krel

@shakti_om

Thanks for your reply. I'll start doing this exercise today. 

There's something I would like to clarify tho, in my case my right side is lower than my left side but it seems that the right side is way more developed than my left side. I should focus on biting with my left side then. Does that seem correct to you?

It is hard for me to say really. Everyone is different. Like you, the right side of my chin is lower down than the left, but I feel like the right side of my face is weaker. That doesn't mean that this is true for you though. The right side of your face might be stronger.

Try and pay attention to what you naturally do when you eat. Which side of your mouth do you chew with more? Before you swallow, do you tend to slide the food over to one particular side? Observe your tendencies, and then practice the opposite.

I personally do not try and over-correct my tongue posture or chewing. I try and create as much balance as possible. But other members have said that chewing more on one side has helped. Like I said, everyone is different.

@Odys has some good advice in the thread I linked as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2019 8:38 am