Looking for profess…

Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Looking for professional evaluation

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
letsgoboi
(@letsgoboi)
Topic starter

Hey,

I have a slight under / crossbite and I’m looking for someone to evaluate the options. I know some professionals use this website. Why I’m asking here is because I live in Finland and it seems many orthodontists here have a very fixed mindset.

Of course I’m ready to pay. I have x-rays and 3d scans that I can send over.

The main concern about my case is that I’ve had persistent and bad muscle tension symmetrically in my jaw and neck muscles for the last 2 years. For the last 6 months I have been using a splint almost 24/7 which helps A LOT when it’s in my mouth but the pain comes back immediately after not using it.

Basically my current orthodontist is looking to fix my bite by pulling the teeth in my mandible back so the jaws go into a normal occlusion.

However I am interested to hear if there would be other options that would not require making the mandible smaller. One problem is that I have two less teeth than normally in my upper arch due to genetics so I already have gaps between many of my upper teeth.

My current orthodontist says that LeFort doesn’t sound like a good option although it would make my bite perfect. This is because the pain I am having is unconventional and they fear that something might happen if we attack the problem with invasive surgery.

Shoot me a message if you think you can help.

Posted : 26/09/2020 12:13 pm

THE GREAT WORK