fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Looking for Advice (MSE?)

beingnarrowsucks
(@beingnarrowsucks)

Hi all, looking for some advice from knowledgeable folks.

The gist of the situation:

• 27m
  • Narrow maxilla (30mm)
  • Hard to nose breathe (sucks for sports)
  • Hard to speak properly
  • Bad midface support
  • Always bags under eyes despite good sleep/lifestyle
  • Obvious malocclusion, hard to even be in resting position
  • Bad aesthetics + poor smile + general asymmetry in maxilla

• No cheekbones
  • 20220613 011206
    20220613 013304
    20220613 013323
    20220613 014913
    20220613 011218

Is there anything at this point that can help me in terms of both functional and aesthetic gains?

Is MSE worth it in my case? Is it something that can impact things significantly?

Many thanks for any advice.

Topic starter Posted : 13/06/2022 5:11 am
Apollo
(@apollo)
500+ Forum Posts

I’m glad I did it. Looks like you’d benefit to me. If your suture successfully split, you’d get a wider smile and more tongue space, with the risk of exacerbating asymmetries. Cheekbone and midface support changes are subtle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2022 6:40 am
Apollo
(@apollo)
500+ Forum Posts

It also appears that your lower posterior teeth are lingually inclined (i.e. tilt in toward the tongue to meet your narrow upper arch). So you'd be able to expand your uppers far and still reestablish occlusion by uprighting the lowers. This is often the factor limiting expansion potential.

If it's impacting your nasal breathing and speech as you say, consider myofunctional therapy after expansion. They might advise a functional frenectomy to improve tongue mobility.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2022 6:39 pm

THE GREAT WORK

Warning:
Your Cranial Sutures Need To Be open for CranioSacral / Jaw Development!