fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Just some questions about tongue posture + intermolar width

Narari

Hello! 

I've got a question about the back of the tongue. When I do the cheesy grin I think that the back of my tongue lands in the correct position. I can still breath (but it needs more effort), but I make soft snoring noises... is this normal for someone who never had the back of the tongue up? 

For what is intermolar width actually used? I've read it here and there on this website but I haven't understood until now why it's important. Is is to have enough space for the tongue? Since I've got an accurate model of my upper teeth row made by an orthodontist, I measured my iwm some minutes ago. I've got 40mm (I measured conservatively. I've also heard that one mm should be subtracted). Is this good or bad? 

Thanks for any help I get! 

Topic starter Posted : 18/01/2019 4:41 am
adcr
 adcr
Eminent Member

40mm imw is good. Soft snoring is also normal I believe - better than most who can’t get their tongue up there without being unable to breath entirely 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2019 8:40 pm