NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

John Mews face: Bad or good news for (late)adult mewers?  

RSS
Loliboly
Eminent Member

It just struck me, after watching a video of Dr. John Mew: Does he mew himself? We who follow the youtube channel knows that his son Dr. Mike Mew mews himself. And for us who look positively at the tropic premise, it can be said that he clearly has benefitted from doing so. Further more, we do sometimes see M. Mews face, in comparison to his fathers, brought up as evidence for mewing. However, shouldn't we assume that J. Mew himself does mewing? Is it plausible that he has benefited from doing so, or is it not? And in which case, what does this say about mewers starting after the age of 25? J. Mews face certainly is long, but he has hollow cheeks(but could this maybe be due to his age?). His eyes are baggy, but I can't imagine even the most well developed face being protected from that condition at that age. And to my eyes, his cheekbones seems to be at least somewhat developed. I have also seen a picture of his side profile and his jaw looks good in that one, and certainly so considering his age(factors like sagging skin, etc) So, what do you others reckon? Does J. Mews face say give us others hope or not?

I would like to add that I am quite new here and started taking mewing seriously just a few days ago. On top of that is this my first post. So with that said, it would be interesting to hear an opinion from people more knowledgeable than myself, since I lack sufficient knowledge myself to draw any interesting conclusions.

Looking forward to eventual responses!

Cheers, and happy mewing

Posted : 28/05/2019 11:55 am
myofunction

It would be interesting to see if anybody could find any photographs of J. Mew in his younger age. Perhaps we could get a better idea of his facial changes over the years if we had some photographic reference.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 12:26 pm
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member
Posted by: Loliboi

We who follow the youtube channel knows that his son Dr. Mike Mew mews himself. And for us who look positively at the tropic premise, it can be said that he clearly has benefitted from doing so.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Quantcast

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 1:13 pm
bergamot liked
Slinky
Trusted Member

you can see his face was long at 16 and still is. pretty much no upswing in 75 years

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 1:23 pm
krollic
Estimable Member

there was a video of an old man doing a presentation and he showed how he made immense changes despite his old age. i don't remember what it's called

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 5:01 pm
GoTTi liked
Liquidlips1

I'm not sure those pics prove anything about mouth breathing and I'm beginning to wonder if CFD is a real thing at all. To me, John Mew's B pic just looks like the normal lengthening of infant to child, except his mouth is open, and then in C, I think he's looking good. But though he's trying to keep mouth closed in C (must have know it was a good habit) it obviously hasn't stopped lengthening in the years after.  It feels to me like if there was an issue, it happened between C and D, and, him being John Mew it probably wasn't poor oral posture! Myself and my sister both are lifelong mouth breathers (in literally every pic over decades we're open mouthed) and our teeth and mouths were very bad growing up and our faces were a bit on the long side.  However, we have both remained mouth breathers, (and had braces and extractions which are meant to worsen things) yet somehow our faces have both improved as we've aged, our faces grown wider I think rather than longer, and we both look young for our ages. I think it's far from as cut and dried as open mouth = steady worsening of facial features.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 5:11 pm
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

His long face drove him insane, causing him to buy a castle so he could experiment on his son Mike in the dungeon.

Now his son sells 'mew' t-shirts on Facebook and drives a Lamborghini and Ferrari.

But all jokes aside, John is genuinely passionate about making better looking faces because he has suffered, you can hear it in his voice and stories. A professional that truly cares about their patients and still after many decades is a rare thing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 7:06 pm
bergamot, GreekGodBrody, EddieMoney and 1 people liked
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

Source: John Mew's videos on the Orthotropics channel.

I'll try my best to recite information to the best of my recollection.

When he was young he got braces and teeth removed maybe not just the wisdom teeth..? I'm not sure if his parents made correct body posture a habit just as he did to Mike and what Mike is doing to his daughters. But to put it simply he's not a concrete example of proper posture and no history of harmful orthodontic treatment and appliances.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 9:35 pm
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member

If anything, the fact that Dr. Mike's face looks much better than his fathers prove that genetics isn't everything, and as long as you start in the first half of your life, you can induce big changes

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2019 10:52 am
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

Mike Mew has the same face as his mother.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2019 3:17 pm
almighty

John Mew said in one of his videos that he went through extraction orthodontics when he was a teenager. It was even more common back then than it is today. Also, he didn't come up with the tropic premise until he was older in life. At that time he probably still wasn't fully aware that bone can remodel at full adulthood even though it can, as he was practicing on strictly children during growth. The research evidence that facial bones never fully fuse came out rather recently. After all this I can only imagine how hard it is to make changes at what 80-90 years old. Hats off to him though, he is doing Gods work.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2019 2:46 am
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

results are possible but have many factors

honestly all this mewing [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] has so many interrelated factors to account for that you basically can't predict anything

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2019 9:30 am
dm222
Trusted Member

john mew and mike mew have about the same face length, just mike is wider and he is taller. 

the length of the face is relative...

look at this photo, even considering recessed hairline if you measure mike mew face is longer than john mew

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/06/2019 6:33 am
Freddie
Eminent Member

Even his mother doesn’t look a bit like him i mean look at her nose, and his father.. All is in posture and environment. I’ve seen many famous people not having the same face as their parents at all and I bet that most people here with harsh cfd are living proof as I am. I think that the only thing not related to environmental development and only genetic is the eye area. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/06/2019 8:28 pm
Slinky
Trusted Member
Posted by: Freddie

Even his mother doesn’t look a bit like him i mean look at her nose, and his father.. All is in posture and environment. I’ve seen many famous people not having the same face as their parents at all and I bet that most people here with harsh cfd are living proof as I am. I think that the only thing not related to environmental development and only genetic is the eye area. 

eye bones are influenced by CFD. dark circles, white under the eyes and less hooding is common in people with downsung faces

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2019 8:37 am
GoTTi
Trusted Member

I firmly believe that the area can actually be enhanced by better maxilla positioning. Eye support changes the appearance of eyes. So I don’t think that eyes are solely a genetic trait if you look at a broader spectrum 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2019 4:33 pm
ladida liked
GoTTi
Trusted Member
Posted by: Slinky

eye bones are influenced by CFD. dark circles, white under the eyes and less hooding is common in people with downsung faces

Right

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2019 4:44 pm
mewchell

The appearance around the eyes is also the result of muscles in the area so can be improved without bone movement

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2019 11:45 pm
ladida
Posted by: mewchell

The appearance around the eyes is also the result of muscles in the area so can be improved without bone movement

Myofunctional exercises?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2019 10:10 am