Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Is this considered a wide palate  

RSS
Basim
Eminent Member

Hey Guys I have been mewing for 2 months now very consistently. I have known Mewing for 1.5 years but never made it a habit. I don't have a before photo unfortunately, as I wanted to show if my palate is considered wide. Btw I don't have IMW measurement currently but I estimate it at around 33-34 mm

Here is my palate 

Posted : 27/05/2020 4:05 pm
PaperBag
Estimable Member

33-34mm is a narrow measurement, but yours looks wider than that in the photo. Are you missing teeth on your right side?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 4:11 pm
Basim
Eminent Member

@paperbag No I don't have any missing teeth and I don't have any Wisdom teeth erupting. Plus I have to mention the fact that I have gaps in my front teeth and never had orthodontics in my life.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 4:14 pm
Basim
Eminent Member

This is my smile in the front view 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 4:16 pm
PaperBag
Estimable Member

@basim Your palate is definitely wider than 34 mm, looks good. I know someone who has those same gaps and didn't have orthodontics either, he looks a lot like you. Definitely better to have additional space than not enough.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 4:33 pm
Basim
Eminent Member

What his name. I would like to know him

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 4:44 pm
PaperBag
Estimable Member

@basim I won't give his name out, he's an old friend. He doesn't know anything about Orthotropics and wouldn't be able to help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 4:48 pm
Basim
Eminent Member

Ok. But what do you think is my IMW if it's not 34 mm. What's your estimation 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 5:26 pm
krollic
Reputable Member

you're gonna have to find something to measure it properly

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 5:42 pm
Basim
Eminent Member

I do wonder. Does Mewing closes the gaps in my teeth as I know my palate will countiune to expand and my gaps will get larger due to this effect. I hope I don't my palate expand too much where I have Ronald Eads gaps post MSE treatment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 8:53 pm
Basim
Eminent Member

I just measured my IMW by chewing on a paper towel and my estimation is around 38-39 mm . Which could explain that I can mew easily and my tougue is slight touching the molars when I bring the back third. Plus I do have proclined Cannies and incisors.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2020 11:54 am
Azrael
Estimable Member

Gotta agree with @PaperBag because your palate indeed looks wider than 33-34mm. There's a guide on measuring the IMW with cardboard in this forum, you should look it up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2020 8:24 am