Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Is there even any point in trying to fix it?  

RSS
focusxf

So, well, after posting all these threads on this forum, I Forgot one crucial and game-changing thing. I had a car accident when i was 4 years old and had a jaw surgery. I have no knowledge how this operation went, no medical documents (yet), and on the photo that I give you the link below, you can already see that my face is asymmetrical (I was 6 years old on this photo). I also have lack of second mandibular premoral on the side that is less built. I thought that tongue posture would fix it somehow, but I think there is no point in doing it  since I miss that premoral and it will always be like that. Everything that is left to save me is another jaw surgery, and somehow fixing that lack of premoral on one side, is that even possible?

First photo when I was 6 years old, second photo is recent.

https://imgur.com/a/B5I3cIj

Posted : 11/07/2019 2:36 pm
ohwhatthehell
Eminent Member

It's definitely worth trying. I also have some asymmetries that are specifically from accidents. The wider my face becomes, the less my asymmetries seem to stand out. I wouldn't go into this for the purpose of fixing asymmetries, but I've found that it has diminished them somewhat in my case.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2019 4:49 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Can’t see bone in that photo.  I know I’d get yelled at for suggesting CBCT...but it can show bone.  Anyway...without teeth, jaw loss happens over years.  Implants can help.  🙂

Sometimes condyle positioning is to blame..in which case deprogrammer may benefit...but those can definitely make things worse...very powerful.

This post was modified 3 months ago by darkindigo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2019 10:00 am
focusxf

I think I'll just talk to some jaw surgeon about this, because is there a way to get an implant if the space is already closed?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2019 10:02 pm
justdoit

Implants fuse to the bone, and it is currently not known if this will hinder the movement of the maxilla if you wish to do so through mewing. It logically seems that implants can only hinder, and never help, maxilla movement. So I'd steer clear of implants. Anyway, tongue posture has the most effect and teeth are only secondary to this whole process.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2019 9:55 pm
GoTTi liked
GoTTi
Trusted Member
Posted by: justdoit

Implants fuse to the bone, and it is currently not known if this will hinder the movement of the maxilla if you wish to do so through mewing. It logically seems that implants can only hinder, and never help, maxilla movement. So I'd steer clear of implants. Anyway, tongue posture has the most effect and teeth are only secondary to this whole process.

In regards to implants, yea they do. That's tricky for the teeth, but if we were talking the face, I'd go for fillers as they don't fuse to bone. Good points though bud

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by GoTTi
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2019 1:01 am
GoTTi
Trusted Member
Posted by: ohwhatthehell

It's definitely worth trying. I also have some asymmetries that are specifically from accidents. The wider my face becomes, the less my asymmetries seem to stand out. I wouldn't go into this for the purpose of fixing asymmetries, but I've found that it has diminished them somewhat in my case.

Hey bud, do you mind sharing some of the things you have done to achieve these results? it would help out a lot 

This post was modified 3 months ago by GoTTi
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2019 1:04 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register