fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Is there a point where the feelings of pressure and pain - resulting from the tongue pressing on the palate - happens less and less?

AloeVera
(@aloevera)
50+ Forum Posts

Is there a point where the feelings of pressure and pain - resulting from the tongue pressing on the palate - happens less and less?

Taking myself as an example, I used to feel a lot of blunt (as opposed to sharp) pain under my cheekbones, on the bridge of my nose and in both of my temples immediately, and for a few hours after, doing a chin tuck to mew. 

But now I don't get anything even approaching that, even though I'm not mewing any differently compared to what I was doing before

Any ideas what this means? Have you experienced something similar?

Topic starter Posted : 20/02/2019 10:59 am
mewer113
(@mewer113)
10+ Forum Posts

Do you do the chin tuck all day? I've been doing that and get a lot of pressure in the forehead, midface and neck/back

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2019 11:59 pm
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
100+ Forum Posts

Good work. This is a sign that your tongue (and likely bone structure) has adapted to your new tongue strength. Mewing progress doesn't happen in a linear fashion, but rather logarithmic one . It's almost identical of the process your body undergoes when adapting to lifting weights. For example, lifting 100 lbs is likely hardest the first time you attempt the maneuver, but over time, the difficulty tapers until loading your muscles to that degree is second nature. 

Now that you have reached a plateau, you have the option of increasing the load your tongue displaces on the palate, thus increasing the rate (and possibly degree) of bone change over time. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/02/2019 4:44 pm

THE GREAT WORK