Is my Maxilla reces…

Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Is my Maxilla recessed? (Does it need more forward growth?)

12 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
Blacbeast
(@blacbeast)
Topic starter

I know for a fact that my mandible is recessed, I would like to know if maxilla is recessed too?

I’m currently having an MSE appliance to widen the palate( mine is narrow), I would like to know if getting a face mask would be necessary in case.

zakariya

Posted : 25/09/2020 3:43 am
auxiliary
(@auxiliarus)

To me it looks more like you have a very short face instead of lack of forward growth.

Posted : 25/09/2020 3:54 am
Blacbeast
(@blacbeast)
Topic starter

Posted by: @auxiliarus

To me it looks more like you have a very short face instead of lack of forward growth.

How do I even fix a short face? Lol

As you can see, I have a double chin(not genetic) and a recessed mandible…I used to be a heavy mouth breather and used to have a thumb sucking habit which lead to poor maxillofacial development.

Posted : 25/09/2020 5:03 am
auxiliary
(@auxiliarus)

Posted by: @blacbeast

As you can see, I have a double chin(not genetic) and a recessed mandible…I used to be a heavy mouth breather and used to have a thumb sucking habit which lead to poor maxillofacial development.

Remove tension from jaw and tongue(upwards). Mew by pushing lightly forward on the front palate while sucking on your back palate.

Posted : 28/09/2020 4:39 am
Fluffycutecat
(@fluffycutecat)

Remove tension from jaw and tongue(upwards). Mew by pushing lightly forward on the front palate while sucking on your back palate.

Doing this would provide rotation of the maxilla, but how will the maxilla be pushed forwards without ruining the front teeth? Pushing the front palate forwards won’t move the maxilla, it will just move the front teeth.

Posted : 28/09/2020 11:13 am
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)

@Blacbeast thread moved to adult case discussion forum

Posted : 28/09/2020 5:01 pm
Blacbeast
(@blacbeast)
Topic starter

@auxiliarus

I’m not sure if that would be entirely possible….not at the current state

IMG 20200922 183437

Posted : 01/10/2020 4:39 am
auxiliary
(@auxiliarus)

Posted by: @fluffycutecat

Doing this would provide rotation of the maxilla, but how will the maxilla be pushed forwards without ruining the front teeth? Pushing the front palate forwards won’t move the maxilla, it will just move the front teeth.

I can’t follow your logic, none of what you described will happen.

Posted : 01/10/2020 5:20 am
Fluffycutecat
(@fluffycutecat)

@auxiliarus If you push forward on your upper palate, I assume you will get the same results Ronald Ead did with his AGGA appliance which he said almost ruined his front teeth.

Posted : 01/10/2020 9:14 am
auxiliary
(@auxiliarus)

@auxiliarus If you push forward on your upper palate, I assume you will get the same results Ronald Ead did with his AGGA appliance which he said almost ruined his front teeth.

AGGA pushes on teeth, not on the palate. Search images of the appliance itself, the concept is you push the canines and the premolars apart. Of course, the AGGA will devastate your teeth.

I’ve had great results with a light push on the palate and my teeth look fine, there’s no gaps forming.

Posted : 01/10/2020 2:36 pm
Fluffycutecat
(@fluffycutecat)

@auxiliarus How would you know if the maxilla is being pushed forward, or just the alveolar part of the maxilla though?

Posted : 01/10/2020 3:02 pm
auxiliary
(@auxiliarus)

@auxiliarus How would you know if the maxilla is being pushed forward, or just the alveolar part of the maxilla though?

Both of those are wrong, the whole face slowly remodels and some bones rotate/change their position. How would you know exactly what changes happen underneath? I guess you take an X-ray yearly, but personally I don’t care as long as the changes are good.

Posted : 01/10/2020 4:00 pm

THE GREAT WORK