Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Is my maxilla recessed? 26/M  

RSS
0x90
 0x90

Hi - 

Wondering if my maxilla is recessed - making an active effort to breathe properly but all my teeth are there and I've never needed any braces or anything...

Posted : 28/03/2019 6:55 am
krollic
Reputable Member

If you didn't have your tongue on the palate (like most people) then you maxilla is recessed. Your cheekbone are meant to extend past the eyes somewhat

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2019 9:39 am
Pame
 Pame
Trusted Member

Adding to what krollic said, more or less everyone has a recessed maxilla. John Mew said in one of his videos that most people have maxillas which are about 20mm (2cm) too far back. Yours is no exception. What makes this even more obvious in your case is your forward head posture and the fact that you tilt your head slightly upwards to get a better airway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2019 10:12 am
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member

First of all, your neck and head posture is incorrect. You're tilting your neck forward and your cranium upwards.

Post another pic with correct posture.

Your chin is pointy and not recessed. The maxilla seems to lack forward growth, but it's not extremely recessed either.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2019 11:31 am
Breezy89

It’s definitely more recessed than mine is but you have a far better chin/mandible/jaw angle than I do. When you have good forward growth the forehead/brow tend to slope diagonally forwards and your lips/jaws should be much further ahead of your nasion (point where the topmost part of your nose begins). Be proud of your chin/jaw and with some forward growth from mewing you will look really good in the coming years (my improvements took 2 years).

My 2 year progress

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2019 8:52 pm
newyearnewme

A decent maxilla is relatively rare nowadays it seems

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 5:14 am