Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Involuntary facial muscles contraction ?  

RSS
Usum
 Usum

Hi all,

I started mewing a week ago (almost 46 yo btw), and apart from personal evidence of energetic benefits (as a meditation practitioner), the effects are much more evident/stronger through meditation.

For instance, 2 days ago, while practicing, my nose's muscles began to move by themselves (ie. lot of involontary muscles contractions). It was quite weird and stopped after 5 minutes.

Yesterday, it happened again but then it was the mouth and it has been a mess. I think I must have looked like a werewolf being in a fury for minutes too. It  seems to me that some particular palate zones trigger these involuntary contractions and those muscles were pretty sore at the end...

It somehow reminded me the Innerspace film (1987) where Jack Putter's face is being "reconstructed".

Did it happen to someone else here ?

Posted : 12/07/2019 7:15 am
TGW liked
Odys
 Odys
Eminent Member

Not for sustained periods, but I think it sounds good, which you appear to also. Sometimes I think all the movement I achieve is involuntary and that all I do is change relative pressure in different parts of my face and skull that enables that movement. It seems  quite impressive that you have provoked such things so soon after starting. I am glad you are focused on the feedback of your body. It is a much more satisfactory way to proceed. Focusing on IMW and perhaps imagined changes in one’s appearance can be dispiriting. Pay no heed to those who suggest progress in any aspect of this is only available to the young. Best wishes for the rest of this fascinating journey.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2019 7:30 am
Usum
 Usum

@Odys,

Yes, thank you for your feedback. Glad I am not alone nor mad !

I am not particularly doing this to gain in attractiveness even though that would be a plus. I've been married for long and I am quite OK in this respect ;=)

The main benefits I see are energetic, psychological (if you have some hyperactive tendencies), better meditation practice, better breathing, etc.

I think attractiveness is just a side effect and mirrors how healthy you are with regard to your genetic potential.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2019 8:23 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Per my limited understanding...dystonia may be implicated with oral/airway stuff...just never heard of a connection with dyskinesia.  If you push your maxillary complex higher, you are likely creating anxiety.  Impulsivity is typically related to lower dopamine, which sounds counterintuitive.  As dopamine is the neurotransmitter of focus, higher dopamine is where you get into paranoia...which seems to also correspond with a smaller nasal area..but ADHD is also with a smaller nasal area...so it seems less likely that dopamine itself is implicated as adjusted by the airway.  So, that doesn’t make a ton of sense to me.  Dyskinesia is often due to drug interactions or is drug-induced following antipsychotic treatments...so dopamine.  I have no idea why you’d be experiencing such a thing.  Sorry..tried to think it through.  Not a doctor and it makes little sense to me.  Maybe noreprenephrine is more associated with nasal...but depression is, too, which is serotonin.  So if a bigger nasal passage gets seretonin to raise & noreprenephrine to drop...likely dopamine drops.  So as it narrows/flattens...dopamine likely raises along with dopamine and seretonin drops.  This is generally not great...as this is the reaction to stress.  As dyskinesia typically is related to dopamine...it can be induced through the removal of an antipsychotic, right?  So...as an antipsychotic reduces dopamine...it’s removal raises it as the body adapts.  Okay...so it may be possible you are pushing so high that your dopamine is raising to such a high point that dyskinesia is happening.  I haven’t looked this up, but I would not at all be surprised to find that dyskinesia is related to extremely high dopamine levels and/or a dopamine reducer withdrawal.  It seems to be more related to a shifting than an absolute.  So...one theory (consult with your doctor!) is that as your body deals with the reduction of volume in the nasal space (not good), whatever keeps your dopamine levels down (poor focus) is losing out.  I suspect that you may right that it may very well be related to Mewing.

The only thing I don’t understand is why ADHD people do better post nasal expansion??  It seems that some sort of balancing agent is acting in the nasal area.  That seems to be a logical thought.  It seems that whatever is happening in the nasal area doesn’t necessarily affect one way or the other...but provides a balancing effect.  Maybe oxygen to the brain?

This post was modified 7 days ago by darkindigo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2019 1:22 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Stick out your tongue to monitor.  That is what psych wards do to test for early signs of dykenesia.  If it wiggles while trying to hold still...that is one of the earliest indicators.  I cannot recommend pushing the tongue up.  Also, if you have muscle disorders, check for drug interactions.  Ex. Benadryl is what ERs give to those with dystonia. It seems that movement disorders are potentially be helped with vit E. Just don’t overdo dose.  🙂  Not a doctor.  Just sharing ideas.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2019 1:33 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member
Posted by: Usum

@Odys,

Yes, thank you for your feedback. Glad I am not alone nor mad !

I am not particularly doing this to gain in attractiveness even though that would be a plus. I've been married for long and I am quite OK in this respect ;=)

The main benefits I see are energetic, psychological (if you have some hyperactive tendencies), better meditation practice, better breathing, etc.

I think attractiveness is just a side effect and mirrors how healthy you are with regard to your genetic potential.

This does not seem right.  Dr. Sue Lee has a degree in neuroscience and has a patent on palatal shaping for health.  She is trying to keep people from pushing up.  What she is recognizing rings very true!  She noticed that a bunch of people are just trying to push up, yet the tongue has many different muscles...and creates strengthening on some.  She is brilliant and the innovator for a lot of awesome stuff.

This post was modified 7 days ago 4 times by darkindigo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2019 1:37 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register