Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Individual Question  

RSS
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

So, hello dear Mewer

I have now worked on my posture for about 1 year and chewed a lot of gum.Now I have a relatively broad face and would like to prevent it from becoming broader and shorter. I would like cheekbones and eye support and more definition (V shape Jaw...)

How should I mew for that? Eddiemoney, you said to suck down my maxilla and push it forward, right?Should I push forward with the back of my Maxilla?

I try to mew medium hard without gum and take vitamin K and teeth apart. 

Hmm Is it my outer you, which developed but my inner U is still developing?

Haha!

Posted : 18/04/2020 6:48 am
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

Teeth separated and less chewing would prevent the face getting shorter. Maxilla coming forward would increase eye support. Palette expansion would widen cheekbones. What’s your intermolar width?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 8:26 am
Yusu liked
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

@harrykanemaxilla

Thank you mate!

My IMW is between 40 and 45  I can't measure it exactly

Does upswing causes short face?

Do you recommend pressing against the palate or pushing forward for forward growth?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 8:35 am
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

@yusu

Thats a fairly wide intermolar width. Is your palette vaulted?

Upswing causes a face that is neither too short or too long. The facial proportions are balanced and the maxilla is forward, outward and downward grown. Most cases of CFD lack the forward and outward growth. Take Harry Kanes CFD for example. He has a narrow palette, long face, high gonial angle. 

I recommend that you balloon the tongue against the molars and push forward for forward growth. 

Out of curiosity what was your tongue, jaw and body posture before you found out about mewing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 10:00 am
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

@harrykanemaxilla

It seems a little arched, yes. Specially at the front

I have absolutely no idea what the position of my tongue was, however, I breathed through my nose very often except during sports.
According to dentists, I have probably grinded my teeth a lot as well, as these show signs of wear and tear

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 11:53 am
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

@yusu Did you have orthadontic treatment?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 11:56 am
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

@harrykanemaxilla 

No, always have straight teeth and no breathing problems.

Well I had caries so one extraction last year

But not really good neck posture... so maybe just my teeth was in contact but my tongue not

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 12:03 pm
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

Maybe that would explain a relative short and wide face, good jaw and mandible but lack of forward growth and under eye support? It makes sense for me lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 12:11 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

@yusu

Due to your wide IMW you may of had okay tongue posture. But what matters is now as you have a good starting point with very little CFD. I am short faced too and had a face similar to yours at 14years old. But I had a much narrower palette and crooked teeth on my maxilla and mandible. So after orthodontic treatment, my maxilla became CW rotated.

Age 8

Age 15 just before orthodontic treatment. Showing signs of more recession.

Age 18 after orthodontic treatment. Badly recessed mandible, high gonial angle and CW rotated maxilla.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 12:21 pm
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

@harrykanemaxilla Idk, compared to others in reallife your mandible doesn't look recessed... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 12:57 pm
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

Ah yeah also my tonuge is 55mm wide... It touches my teeth, is this that bad?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 1:02 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

@yusu that’s completely fine if it’s touching the molars. Balloon the tongue against them and your palette will expand 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2020 1:21 pm
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

Okay nice

I will try balooning, I already have straight teeth, hopefully my teeth don't become crooked

Also my neck is in constant pain ): 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2020 12:21 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

@yusu

Your teeth wont become crooked unless you push asymmetrically. Its also a lot more difficult to get crooked teeth when your maxilla is forward grown and your palette is wide. I had crooked teeth with my recessed maxilla and 33IMW

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2020 12:56 pm
Yusu liked
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

Also about your neck pain. Check your head is not forward all the time and that you have good posture all day. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2020 12:57 pm
Yusu liked
Yusu
 Yusu
Eminent Member

thanks mate

I can feel some pressure on my  cheekbones while ballooning on my molars haha!

hopefully they dont get wider but higher and protrusion

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2020 4:51 pm