Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

I'm a 34 year old male with almost no visible jawline. I am dedicated almost beyond reason to hard mewing. September 2019  

RSS
plasguur

I'm hard mewing and doing exaggerated Mckenzie chin tucks and I've ordered mastic gum, that I'm going to use daily. I began mewing the 9th of September 2019, I found the proper tongue position the 16th of September, I'm putting pressure mainly on the soft palate as best as I can. I adjust and I'm aware of my tongue position frequently. I also make sure to have proper posture, being careful not to have my head forwards, aligned with my back. Fortunately my kettlebell training has trained me to have better posture.
Everyday the area around my adams apple is sore, the corners of my mandible are sore, both my tongue and palate is sore as well. It's painful but I'm fighting through it. I'm doing exaggerated Mckenzie chin tucks at least 1 hour daily, sometimes they add up to 3 hours. I put something on youtube and I lay down on my bed with no pillow. I will also try to learn to sleep without a pillow, laying on my back. Everyday I write down how many hours and what date I chin tuck, just to help with the disciplin.
My breathing through the nose has already improved a bit, I believe it will improve even more as time goes on. Soon I will be able to train with kettlebells and run with my mouth closed, breathing solely through my nose.
My mission is to impress myself and others, my goal is to look absolutely amazing within 1 year and even better after 2 years. I cannot afford AGGA treatment that costs around 10,000K, so I'm going to have to do this. I'm going to prove to the world that it is possible through will alone, to improve ones face and health. I want to inspire others as well, to show that it is possible, that you have a fighting chance in life.
I'm not going to respond to concern trolls, I have made my decision and my course has been set. Whatever outcome happens, happens, I've made my peace with it. I will update in this thread every month about my progress and I will upload pictures sometime in the future to show the progress. The next update will be 22 of November or the day after. I do not expect major progress the first few months, but I will update none the less.
I'm writing this for others to read in the future. I imagine some poor lost soul looking for help and information, how amazing would it be to read through a person's progress over a year, document it as it happens. I would've loved that myself. So I'm definitely also doing it for you, the one who is reading, I wish you the best and a good life. May you have the strength to fight for your own improvement.

Posted : 22/09/2019 3:14 am
neverlie

ok cool see u in a year

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2019 4:14 am
krollic
Reputable Member

remember to get that rear tongue up. it's normal to cut off your nasal airways when done properly 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2019 6:38 am
plasguur

@neverlie

See you!

@krollic

It was a bit difficult breathing in the beginning, it's much easier now. I just can run or train with my mouth closed, I can for a bit of it, but the airtake is not enough yet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2019 9:17 am
Wellwellwell

That’s great!

please save photos of the inside of your mouth and gauge your inter molar width!

To check your inter molar width you can bite on any piece of paper that will leave teeth marks on.

then check the distance between your first molars with a ruler (the molars closest to your incisors).

This will help you gauge if real changes are happening or you need to adjuat.

- Started soft mewing on 12 Feb 2019. Have not seen any real results or changes.
- Starting IMW: 35 mm
- Current IMW: 35 mm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2019 1:50 pm
printfactory
Eminent Member

Maybe take teeth impressions every once in a while to track progress of IMW expansion? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOWXVOAweFs

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2019 2:58 pm
Goblin_slayer

If your main goal is a better jawline , chew chew chew

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2019 8:31 pm